Featured New 2022 Speed Twin Owner Here....

Discussion in 'Triumph Twin Power' started by HRDROKN, Jan 30, 2022.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. HRDROKN

HRDROKN Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2021
    Republic of Kalifornia
    At 57 years young, I have had many bikes over the years and quite a few more off road than street bikes... but this bike has been one of my favorites for sure.

No brake squeal... one of the first things I did was to bed the brakes in! So far that has been the ticket to squeal free braking. You can find different procedures with an internet search, but all pretty much the same.

I swapped the rear dampers out for some Ohlins almost right away and find they not only look awesome, but perform quite well on varied pavement conditions. The Marzocchi USD's on the other hand feel a bit harsh on choppy roads... feels like the high speed compression is too slow. I'll have to see what upgrade options will be available for these forks.

I removed the stock baffles and the sound note is deeper now. The next thing I would like to accomplish is a decat... main reason is to get rid of that heat under the motor. So I have the Free Spirits setup with mid pipes ready to install, then changed my mind mid stream and purchased a Zard 2-1 full system... Now heavily into researching the ECU's ability to adapt to this change as I wouldn't want an already lean fueling to be leaner still. Looking towards a DNK Tuneworks as an option, but not sure if anyone has had success on installing on a 2022 ECU.

Upgraded the stock hand controls, installed the throttle spacer kit, Dart bug screen and BC tail tidy....

0125221225_HDR.jpg 0125221227a_HDR.jpg

0125221227_HDR.jpg

0125221228_HDR.jpg

• Like Like x 18
    • Funny Funny x 1
  2. Markus

Markus Crème de la Crème
    Subscriber

Oct 28, 2020
    AUSTRIA
    Hi there! Great looking bike!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Jet City

Jet City Noble Member
    Subscriber

Sep 24, 2018
    Seattle, Washington USA
    The Speed Twin is one of the great bikes. Looks classic and purposeful, goes like stink. It’s the retro super naked.

While you are at it, I can’t more highly recommend the gauge faces that A and J Cycles sells. Arton? Ayrton? Something like that. Best $100 you are going to spend on your bike. You spend a surprising amount of time looking at the gauges.

Also, I’ve fitted Sato Racing’s crash bungs. They are quite unobtrusive (I’ve had to point them out to people) and they saved me a bundle of cash when someone backed into my bike and knocked it over.

Enjoy the ST! It’s terrific.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  4. darkman

darkman Crème de la Crème

Oct 26, 2015
    Southcoast of the UK Earth
    Hello and welcome :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Stramasher

Stramasher Senior Member

Jun 10, 2020
    ex-0141
    lurvely mate, that weather too.

I remember that day here.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. joe mc donald

Dec 26, 2014
    slough / burnham
    HRDROKN
    Welcome to the family. Great intro and terrific picture. Thanks for sharing.
    Joe

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. HRDROKN

Dec 8, 2021
    Republic of Kalifornia
    I will look into those items for sure.... Thanks!

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. SebCO

SebCO New Member

Feb 1, 2022
    USA
    Hello there! I am looking into the same mods and also the same exhaust! Have you tried to fit your 2 in 1 Zard on the bike yet? I have a 2022 model and I can't find anywhere if it will fit or not before I buy it and Zard has been unresponsive!

Beautiful bike.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. steve lovatt

steve lovatt Something else

May 12, 2014
    North Yorkshire
    Very nice - that is a decent colour :cool:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. HRDROKN

Dec 8, 2021
    Republic of Kalifornia
    I think the exhaust is still about 2 weeks out before delivery.... there was a stated 4 - 6 week wait.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. QuadumphUK

QuadumphUK Noble Member

Aug 14, 2014
    Boscombe
    Lovely looking Triumph especially in the sun. Just wondering what helmet that is ? I have trouble with misting in Winter even with a pinlock anti mist, must be a heavy breather :) The chin guard on that helmet looks a bit further from your face. A bit like an adventure helmet without peak. Might be the solution I`m looking for

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. HRDROKN

Dec 8, 2021
    Republic of Kalifornia
    You are correct about the helmet.... Bell MX-9 shown without the visor.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. QuadumphUK

QuadumphUK Noble Member

Aug 14, 2014
    Boscombe
    Thanks for that will have a look in Local bike shops see if can find one to fit.
    Sometimes hard to find them in larger sizes as have a big head and alot of hair

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Wessa

Wessa Cruising

Apr 27, 2016
    North West England
    Hi and welcome....

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. SebCO

SebCO New Member

Feb 1, 2022
    USA
    Trying to see if you were able to fit the exhaust ? If so mind sharing pics?

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Zach G.

Zach G. New Member

Mar 1, 2022
    Pennsylvania, US
    I made the gauge face switch on my '22 a month into having it. I like the classic look and I didn't enjoy how the numbers are oriented on the factory face. I also swapped the factory tail for the British Customs. Another recommendation is the Super Corse temperature gauge oil fill cap (Also available from A&J Cycles $70 USD). I intended to swap the plastic factory cap for something metallic and then I saw this. It's a little obtrusive, but I like having an estimate of how hot the oil is running.

I love that red. I went with black. The dealer had black and the matte grey--which I liked--but the yellow accent stripe turned me off.

Cheers!

IMG-3377.jpg

IMG-3380.jpg

• Like Like x 4
  17. Peter Bryan

Peter Bryan New Member

May 21, 2021
    Stoke on Trent England
    Hi
    Did you ever get around to installing the DNK Tuneworks map? I've the 2020 model great bike but the only thing spoiling it is the snatchy throttle at low revs. I have to use rain mode around town.☹️
    Tuneworks say their remap with sort it but I've not come across any first hand reports to confirm it.