New 2016 Speed Triple R & S

Discussion in 'Speed Triple' started by Conquest Racing Ltd, Oct 27, 2015.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Conquest Racing Ltd

Conquest Racing Ltd Contact us for your Triumph Forum discount
    Trader

Feb 2, 2013
    Dorset
    • Like Like x 1
  2. roadrider

roadrider First Class Member

Jul 26, 2013
    Oxon
    I thank you sir :):cool:

3. DaveTheSuperVillain

DaveTheSuperVillain Active Member

Jun 19, 2015
    Takeley, Essex
    Looks nice - I really like the raised Triumph tank logo (sad or what), not sure about the lights, but like the current ones I'm sure they'll grow on me (hated the new ones when it was launched).

Personally I think the added rider aids etc will probably take something away from the bike. I was initially going to wait until next year to get mine, but when the added rider modes etc were as good as confirmed, I opted to get it this year......I know its the world we live in and various regulations deem this sort of thing necessary and it's what the competition are doing......but personally I like the fact that in it's current form the Speed is a true 'simple' bike with no messing. I can't help but think some of the character of the bike could be lost.

Still.......will have to have a good look at it at the NEC! :0)

4. thebiglad

thebiglad Old fart, still riding !

Sep 25, 2013
    Central France
    You can turn the rider aids off, if you want. The thing is I never notice them on my bike and don't feel they get in the way - maybe it's because I ride like a 'pussy', but I would have no fears on that front. And ABS on a bike is probably going to save rider lives and serious injuries.

• Like Like x 1
  5. DaveTheSuperVillain

Jun 19, 2015
    Takeley, Essex
    I too ride in the same format! I have nothing against ABS - pretty much everything has it and it's almost unavoidable (mine does).......I just can't help but feel that a big part of the appeal of the current bike is that it's still 'old school' in it's approach and one of few remaining pure, raw, riders bikes without all the added EU Nonsense!

I know things have to move on and we'll see how it is in time........maybe I'll have to try to take one out! :0) :0)

6. Col_C

Col_C I can't re...Member

Aug 5, 2015
    Cornwall
    Hi Dave, completely agree with your comments ref "simple bike". Just got a 94R after two years on a Ducati Multistrada and deliberately avoided waiting for the new Speedy with loaded electronics, that being the very reason for ditching the Mutley. Hopefully Triumph will be more successful at implementing the electricery than Ducati was in my experience.
    As for the raised logo, looks ok but will be a pain to keep clean, dirt and dust collects around the edges and can then leads to scratching the surrounding paintwork if you're not very careful. The Multistrada had similar, it's probably cheaper/easier quality control to just stick a badge on top after the paint process rather than have a transfer under the lacquer.
    ABS is a great safety net to save us from ourselves when grabbing a handful of brake in an emergency, but do we really need traction control, cruise control, etc, etc on a road bike. If you can't keep sufficient control of your right wrist maybe shouldn't be out there in the first place?
    I'm loving the "simple pleasures" of my Speedy, it's put a smile back on my face after a couple of years away from Triumphs.

• Like Like x 2
  7. DaveTheSuperVillain

Jun 19, 2015
    Takeley, Essex
    Exactly why I bought mine when I did - "Simple Pleasures" just about sums it up!

8. roadrider

roadrider First Class Member

Jul 26, 2013
    Oxon
    Unfortunately it's the way things are going.
    Everyone else is putting more electronics on bike so Triumph has to follow suit or it will be seen as being behind the times.
    Not sure I agree with it all but in 10 years we'll all be used to it.
    I remember when the GS1000 arrived with no kickstart and that raised a few eyebrows,not it's "whats a kickstart"

9. Clarkey

Clarkey Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2014
    Not sure I like it
    I will be sticking with mine for a few mores years

10. Crispy

Crispy New Member

Nov 10, 2015
    Derbyshire
    I'm not convinced of the looks of that front end and that comes from a fan of the twin headlights. Looks a bit like the eyes of an insect...a fat one!

11. Kev

Kev Member

Aug 14, 2014
    i like the 3d tank logo, rear seat too, not to sure about the light cluster being moulded around the screen.. have to see it in the flesh though.