Netphone V8 Intercom Review

Discussion in 'Parts, Accessories & Clothing' started by Cyborgbot, Jan 11, 2019.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Cyborgbot

Cyborgbot Guest

#1 Cyborgbot, Jan 11, 2019
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 11, 2019
    I recently bought a Netphone V8 intercom and remote control (for the handlebars) to listen to the sat nav, phone and music.

netphone v8.jpg

It seems reasonable quality and does what it says on the tin. It is easy to install into most helmets and has a bendy microphone that can positioned comfortably and works with a flip/modular helmet (mines a Shark).

It works well with an iPhone (some Bluetooth devices don't...) and auto connects when started.

I haven't tried associating it with any other intercoms yet (everyone I know has a different type) so will try that soon - nice if they are all compatible but find that highly unlikely.

The two grumbles I have are a) the transmitter bit is hard to securely fix on the helmet - I might try some double sided tape soon to stop it moving, and b) the headphones on the device are not that good - actually one hardly worked at all - very quiet. In the end I cannibalised a pair of Sennheiser headphones and attacked the V8 with a pair of wirecutters and soldering iron to replace the crappy speakers. This worked perfectly and now have excellent audio - with open and closed lid. There is apparently noise reduction technology - this might work but hard to tell...

For approximately £70 from flea bay (Mr Wong, Wu or something) it seems like a good price. It also has a remote unit to control the basic functions that attaches to your bikes handle bars - bizarrely they don't include a battery and don't tell you what type it takes. In the end I figured out it uses a weird 12V A23 cell!

I haven't had a Senna top quality brand intercom so can't say if its better/worse.

Photo of the transmitter unit - it slides about a bit if you are clumsy - it might fit better on other helmets - it does have some options to adjust to different lids.
    netphone v8.jpg

Photo of the super high quality Sennheiser headphone/speaker...
    senna.jpg

I wonder if I could wire up a bloody great subwoofer to the back of the bike and cruise up and down King's Road...

• Like Like x 1
  2. Oldyam

Oldyam Grumpy Old Git

May 14, 2017
    ireland
    Just to Hi jack your thread before it gets going, how do you find the Evoline 3 ?

I have the evoline 2 but am thinking I may upgrade later this year.

I have the Scala Rider Q2 fitted to mine for many years now without any real issues until it gets to around 70mph.

3. Cyborgbot

Cyborgbot Guest

#3 Cyborgbot, Jan 11, 2019
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 11, 2019
    :)

I really like the Evoline 3. It could be a tad lighter but thankfully there isn’t much between my ears otherwise it might get heavy on the neck on long rides.

It works well with the face up and down.

I tend to always use earplugs as it isn’t the quietest lid around.

There’s a newer version now I think.

It is reasonably priced and gets high scores on all tests (uk/eu and US) - better in fact than many premium brands!

It’s also tested for face up and down...

I’d get another when the time comes.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  4. Oldyam

Oldyam Grumpy Old Git

May 14, 2017
    ireland
    Thanks it's always good to get an opinion from someone using the product especially something like this, I'm just looking into buying bluetooth earbuds as an upgrade from the Scala.

5. Cyborgbot

Cyborgbot Guest

I tried wearing earbuds (wired Bose ones) but they always got knocked out when putting the lid on. Just couldn’t make it work. Hope you have more success.