Need An Advice - Triump Service Germany

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by T-Bird, Dec 21, 2019.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. T-Bird

T-Bird Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2018
    Prichsenstadt Germany
    #1 T-Bird, Dec 21, 2019
    Last edited: Dec 21, 2019
    My enthusiasm for Triumph has reached freezing point after more than 12,000km - in short, I will certainly never buy a bike of this brand again. It was once the realization of a dream...

Why - everything started well after all, in December 2018 the new Bonnie was ordered, registered on 2 March 2019. It was a fantastic season this year, from home in Franconia to Luxembourg, Italy, Croatia, even through pouring rain and on gravel the Bonnie was simply a dream-come-true.

Then came the morning of September 29th - we wanted to go to Nurnberg to the DGR. I pressed the starter button - and she wouldn't start, this was first time, completely new! With a lot of coughing first cylinder came, then the second, a little grey smoke and she ran. But how - with a very hard, ugly noise, almost a metallic knocking.

Turned off, the day was fucked - in the next days she went to the dealer by tow. Diagnosis - it took a while, then the information that an endoscope had been used to detect heavy deposits of oil carbon on both piston heads was a bit scarce. Weeks later, at the end of November, it was said that one or more O-rings in an oil riser inside had broken as result of a quality issue. Allegedly still a warranty issue today.

I would have swallowed all this at the end of the season - only that they still can't tell me today when the spare parts will arrive at the dealer is out of tolerance.

Anyone who acts in this way as a company or for his brand damages the trust and reputation of the customer, especially a self-proclaimed premium brand simply cannot afford to do so. I'm product manager and I like my job - can't understand the spirit of staff and managers behind the curtain - seems these persons do not understand what they are doing...

I will probably be taking on a lawyer in January, but in the interests of fairness to the dealer (I still have a good impression, seems to be bit helpless), I would like to talk to Triumph directly first - has anyone else had similar experiences and could they please give me some advice on whom I can contact at Triumph?

Thank you very much for your help - fortunately I have a reliable 23 year old Intruder in the garage for the winter rides...

Merry Christmas,

Thomas

• Useful Useful x 1
  2. Callumity

Callumity Elite Member

Feb 25, 2017
    Nr Biggar
    The occasional defective part can damage any manufacturer’s reputation. They are completely dependent on their dealers to provide customer service. If you are not happy you should contact Triumph Germany.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. joe mc donald

Subscriber

Dec 26, 2014
    slough / burnham
    T-Bird
    That's bad news. Take the bike back and demand your money back or a replacement. You are in a hard place. I feel your dealer is not as helpful as you think. And you are being to polite go do some screaming. Service is not good enough. They sold you a new bike they should be sorting it.
    Regards
    Joe.

• Agree Agree x 2