Need A Windscreen For My New T120

Discussion in 'Newbies Hangout' started by David K., Aug 30, 2018.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. David K.

David K. New Member

Aug 30, 2018
    Atlanta, GA USA
    I just bought a Bonneville T120 and need to get a windscreen. Can anyone recommend one that they have had good luck with? I will not be doing long distance touring but probably some short trips on the expressway.

Thanks,
    David

• Like Like x 2
  2. Tucker 1963

Tucker 1963 Elite Member

Sep 7, 2017
    Newmarket
    Welcome to the Asylum you should fit right in.
    To keep the inmates happy we will need photos.
    Hope it's BLACK
    _20180607_020315.jpg Tucker

3. Wessa

Wessa Cruising

Apr 27, 2016
    North West England
    Hi and welcome.... Have a look on the Triumph web site as they do sell screens for their bikes. Alternatively googleT120 screens and you will get some ideas. Good luck with your search.
    Wessa

4. David K.

David K. New Member

Aug 30, 2018
    Atlanta, GA USA
    Thank you. I've done some of that but have not heard anyone say they liked their windscreen, just the opposite or close to it. I'll keep looking.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Rich Bryce

Rich Bryce Dead Eye Dick

Sep 18, 2015
    Bedford
    Welcome David. I have to small screen (not the fly screen) on my Street Twin, which works well at deflecting the pressure from my chest.

6. Chad P

Chad P New Member

Jul 7, 2018
    Dallas TX
    I put the Triumph summer screen on my T100. A little more turbulence than without below 50mph but it really helps above that. I can go 70mph + without being blown off the bike, makes 60mph conmfortable, can take bike ion interstates as needed in Dallas. Perfect for my missions. I have come to like the look. Note I am 6ft.

7. Callumity

Callumity Elite Member

Feb 25, 2017
    Nr Biggar
    The problem with screens is the people behind them.....

Size, shape, posture, helmet, eye protection, handlebar position, preferred cruising speed - there are a whole range of variables in the wind tunnel before you get to subjective opinions about their effectiveness and aesthetics.

Unfortunately there is a huge amount of ‘suck it and see’. Mine batters me around the head over 60 mph but a slightly hunched posture largely cures the problem.

Confusingly, less can sometimes be more! Something like a Dart Marlin will probably suit ......... but........it is much wetter here so I have the larger Triumph summer screen for un-summer conditions!

8. Sir Trev

Sir Trev Senior Member

May 27, 2017
    Buckinghamshire
    Triumph do a flyscreen (pretty small), touring screen and longhaul (pretty big). I have the touring on my T100 and like it a lot. Keeps most of the breeze off my chest and does not batter me at head height. As Callumity says though they do not suit everyone.

9. David Cooper

David Cooper Triumph Rocketeer.
    Subscriber

Hello and welcome to the forum David.

hi.gif

10. Tiglet

Tiglet Vintage Member

Mar 28, 2016
    Cheshire
    Hello David and welcome to the forum :)

11. Helmut Visor

Helmut Visor Only dead fish go with the flow
    Subscriber

Oct 3, 2018
    Three Counties
    Hi David, and welcome in :cool::cool:

12. dilligaf

dilligaf Guest

Hi mate and welcome

13. Chad P

Chad P New Member

Jul 7, 2018
    Dallas TX
    Here is my set-up, I probably use it like David describes, occasionally I hit expressway but mostly its around suburbs for errands and pleasure riding, 50MPH and lower

20181102_152246.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  14. Imsimon

Imsimon New Member

Jul 7, 2019
    Florida
    Thats my color! Which screen is that? I like the tail bag too; where did you buy that?
    Thanks in advance :)

15. Bad Billy

Bad Billy Baddest Member

Jun 1, 2017
    Southern Softyville
    Hi Mate & Welcome to the Forum :cool:

• Like Like x 1
  16. Sir Trev

Sir Trev Senior Member

May 27, 2017
    Buckinghamshire
    That's just like my T100 too, and the genuine Trumpet Touring Screen I have fitted, that I mentioned nearly a year ago...

17. BigCLM

BigCLM Senior Member

Nov 30, 2017
    San Rafael, CA
    Welcome from sunny California.

upload_2019-7-10_12-9-31.png

I ride a Street Twin and recommend the touring screen. (Fly screens don't do much !!)

upload_2019-7-10_12-12-36.png