Featured America Nearly Ready For The Holidays. New Roll Bag

Discussion in 'America, Speedmaster & Rocket' started by SUPERGRANDAD, Aug 4, 2017.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. SUPERGRANDAD

SUPERGRANDAD Noble Member

Jun 10, 2017
    Woodbridge Suffolk
    OK here is, I hope the last item I will be buying now before our Holiday to the Italian Riviera.
    I first fitted a small ply base to the rack which allows the bags base to spread the load better than direct on the rack. Very pleased with the result. It has a very good water proof cover and the sides extend to make the bag wider if required. :) Good Quality waterproof canvass material and very sturdy.
    Ride Safe all Ken.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Classic-Ve...coding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=9GDQCS8Q4NNCMYYN9861

Roll Bag 2.jpg

New Roll Bag..jpg

New Roll Bag 1.jpg

• Like Like x 7
  2. andypandy

andypandy Crème de la Crème

Jan 10, 2016
    Shaw
    Hope you have a great time and return safe and well.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Havit

Havit Admin
    Staff Member Subscriber

Jul 17, 2015
    Kent
    Safe riding, Enjoy :)

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  4. ian

ian Well-Known Member

Aug 13, 2014
    From the mud people
    off to Italy myself on wednesday.........by car: unamused: first time, so looking forward to it:)

• Like Like x 2
  5. SUPERGRANDAD

Jun 10, 2017
    Woodbridge Suffolk
    Have a good time mate, we have done an Italy trip before but it was Ducati week at Misano. We then crossed over to Pompeii and it was very memorable. Worth visiting if you get the chance.
    Ken.

6. SUPERGRANDAD

Jun 10, 2017
    Woodbridge Suffolk
    Tunnel train and first hotel now booked, Sunday the 3rd of Sept.
    Looking forward to seeing how the America copes with the tour to Italy. I am sure it will be fine. ;)
    I will see if I can keep a small blog/report going whilst away. No promises though.:)
    Ken.

• Like Like x 7
  7. SUPERGRANDAD

Jun 10, 2017
    Woodbridge Suffolk
    All going good, First hotel into France. Looking forward to dinner early night and getting a few miles in tomorrow. America doing the job as one would expect.

• Like Like x 1
  8. SUPERGRANDAD

Jun 10, 2017
    Woodbridge Suffolk
    Well that was a delay post from yesterday. Just arrived near Besancon for our second day and night. All good, set off this morning in very light rain but all good after 1/2hr. Ended the ride in sunshine. Bike is very nice to ride and so comfy. Very pleased with upgraded seat and the cut down screen. Mrs C is enjoying her knees Not hurting, so if her that shall be obeyed is happy it must be good . Ken

• Like Like x 3
  9. GaryM

GaryM It's him, you know who. Him from you know ....

Apr 28, 2016
    Patna , Ayrshire
    That looks a lot better than my top box. Is it waterproof?

10. SUPERGRANDAD

Jun 10, 2017
    Woodbridge Suffolk
    Well yes very shower proof but it also has wrap around cover which makes it very waterproof. So maybe the answer could be yes full stop. It is a great bag and holds loads of stuff, bit of an Aladdin's cave.:) Ken

11. stevethegoolie

stevethegoolie Elite Member

Oct 16, 2014
    East Riding of Yorkshire
    Ah Besancon, that reminds me ...
    Stayed in a gite at Hautpierre le Chatelet between Besancon and Pontarlier many moons ago. Made the mistake of staying near Canterbury on the way down (Fri) and crossing the channel next morning (Sat). Oops!! Big mistake. Landed in France around midday their time. Calais to H le C is around 430 miles which took much longer than anticipated - supposed to arrive at gite between 16.00 hrs and 18.00 hrs approx. Managed it by around 20.00 hrs.
    Discovered that my (our) planning was poor and that France is a bigger country than we thought.
    Great area though, with easy access to Switzerland if required - day trip to Lauterbrunnen nr. Interlaken and then on the train to Wengen completed comfortably in the day (around 250 miles).
    Damn fine machines these Tridents!

• Like Like x 1
  12. SUPERGRANDAD

Jun 10, 2017
    Woodbridge Suffolk
    Yes agree, very easy to get things wrong. Big country is France. We are taking our time and split the days up no target times to hit. Thanks for the reply Ken. Ride safe:)

• Like Like x 1
  13. SUPERGRANDAD

Jun 10, 2017
    Woodbridge Suffolk
    Good ride site seeing around the Pontalier area today, some nice rides to be had in the mountains. Off into Italy in the morning Aoste which is a ski resort had had a few good reviews of the place. Maureen is looking forward to San Remo and a few days on the beech without the bike. Got to admit both got sore bums today. Bike going very well, so pleased with the ride. Loving the low centre of gravity and the handling. Big change for us this machine after what I would call traditional bikes. In truth maybe we should have had a cruiser much earlier. Bye for now;) Ken

• Like Like x 3
  14. SUPERGRANDAD

Jun 10, 2017
    Woodbridge Suffolk
    Well great ride today. Bloody hot though :cool: the bike has been amazing over the St Bernard pass. Really great to ride a low rider around them there tight corners. Bit of a tip for you guys, especially 2 up with luggage turn the tick over up a tad it makes the very tight bends soooooo much easier to ride. Especially upt hill.When cornering with throttle shut almost off, taking up the new power is so much quicker and bike is more responsive with the higher tick over. ;)
    Mrs C has enjoyed our trip so far and even she noticed how much easier riding the bike in the mountains has been for me. This America really does do the business. Coming down tother side was great fun those foot boards and back brake pedal are a pleasure to use. Off to the coast in the morning 5 days holiday based in San Remo. Bike will not be ridden. Bliss. View from my bedroom window tonight. More tomorrow. Ken.

IMG_20170906_142904.jpg

• Like Like x 6
  15. SUPERGRANDAD

Jun 10, 2017
    Woodbridge Suffolk
    Arrived safe and sound. Lovely sea breeze and very hot. Beer and a shower next. I thought I was brave today passing traffic as we rode down the coast road only to be overtaken by girls in tee shirts on scooter:joy:. Never mind at least we arrived in one piece. 1785 kilometres from silly Suffolk.
    More later but maybe not until we set off home. Bye for now. Ken.

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  16. SUPERGRANDAD

Jun 10, 2017
    Woodbridge Suffolk
    Did not expect to be getting back so soon. Met some great guys today from Yorkshire. They are starting tonight at 23.00 hrs in the San Remo to Sestriere enduro. 900 kilometers, they have 42 hrs to complete it. 80% off road. There must be a few hundred taking part, been watching scrutineering very interesting. Some of their GPS systems are like laptops. Amazing where they have strapped stuff to the bikes, tyre levers, pumps, tools etc. 400 euro entry fee to enter into a no pain no gain motorbike ride. :joy:

• Like Like x 1
  17. SUPERGRANDAD

Jun 10, 2017
    Woodbridge Suffolk
    Well looking around the world it seems the weather has taken its toll, Missano motogp was a wash out. But this corner of Italy has only seen sunshine. We are looking forward to setting off in the morning and steadily making our way back to prepare for the English winter. I think the push bike will be taking the lead when home maybe plan a few 50 miles in and lose a few pounds. I have for some time been considering classic trials. Maybe that might move forward in my mind. Something like a Triumph Tiger 90 would be fun. 350 cc so not that big and bulky. Nice to have a few ideas knocking around.:) Back later, here's keeping fingers crossed for a dry and safe trip home.

• Like Like x 1
  18. SUPERGRANDAD

Jun 10, 2017
    Woodbridge Suffolk
    Nice to see dilligaf keeping up with my posts cheers buddy. I like forums they serve a purpose and informative. Take from them what you will. Typically Mrs C made comment this morning tell the guys if you pay for the Swiss vignette with a 50 euro note you will get change in Swiss Francs which is enough for 2 coffee's and 2 pees at the next service stn.;)

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  19. dilligaf

dilligaf Guest

It's because I wish I was there :)
    Can't see it happening for me though :(
    So I read other people's threads and dream:zzz:
    One day eh? Maybe :(

• Like Like x 2
  20. Wessa

Wessa Cruising

Apr 27, 2016
    North West England
    Hey dilligaf there is only one person stopping you do it; that is you. Put your mind to it and anything is possible.
    Wessa

• Like Like x 2