Touring Nc 500 First Time

Discussion in 'Rideouts, Trackdays, Touring & Spotted' started by Weresheep, May 16, 2020.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Weresheep

Weresheep New Member

May 16, 2020
    Ipswich
    I am looking to do that NC500 next year after this whole Covid stuff is over, planning on doing it solo or maybe with a few of my local triumph owners group, while trying to plan it I am looking at places to stay and go and I was wondering if any of you have been and are willing to give me your own suggestions

Many Thanks
    Richard

• Useful Useful x 1
  2. SprinterII

SprinterII Noble Member

Mar 27, 2020
    Scotland
  3. freck

freck Elite Member

May 4, 2017
    Preston, Lancs, UK
    My suggestion would be to buy some really, really good waterproofs :joy:
    Me and Mrs Freck got absolutely soaked in the heaviest rain storms I’ve ever seen.

• Agree Agree x 4
  4. Streetgirl675

Streetgirl675 ...otherwise known as Streetgirl765

Dec 19, 2019
    Cheshire
    We have done it twice now and both times absolutely drenched. People tell me the views from Applecross are amazing - I will have to take their word for it. I didn’t see anything except the water streaming down the inside of my visor :joy::joy: Having said that I can’t wait to do parts of it again :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Streetgirl675

Dec 19, 2019
    Cheshire
    You must do the braemar to Glenshee road. It is to die for. Also around Glencoe and Ballahulich, Fort William and the lochs are stunning :blush:

• Agree Agree x 3
  6. dilligaf

dilligaf Guest

I did them roads 11yrs in a row :grinning:
    About time I got back up there again :p

• Like Like x 2
  7. Shaun64

Shaun64 Senior Member

Feb 23, 2020
    England
    If you can it’s best to go when there’s a good weather forecast on spec rather than book because if it pisses down it’s shite as you can’t see anything but if your working then this isn’t possible, I like the west coast best I am not that keen on east side, the road down to Ullapool is fantastic, Scottish Borders are also very nice out towards Selkirk Moffat and not to far away.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Streetgirl675

Dec 19, 2019
    Cheshire
    We are just waiting for them to open the doors and we are going (again). Absolutely love those roads in the highlands. Some nice dry weather during July and August. Fingers crossed Englandshire are allowed in soon :)

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1