National Cycles Deflector Screen

Discussion in 'Triumph General Discussion' started by covid-21, Aug 27, 2020.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. covid-21

covid-21 Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2020
    QLD Australia
    I'm looking at the National Cycles Deflector Screen because I have blinkers mounted where the Dart Marlin screen would mount on the headlamp, also I'm looking for a bit more wind protection but not something overly intrusive. I'm not a tall person at 169cm.

The 'Deflector' seems to be right according to the measurements but I'd be interested to hear from anyone who has fitted on of these, and also did you use the U-Clamp attachment or the Quickset Attachment. I don't see myself taking the screen on and off once it's on so I'm thinking of the simpler U-Clamp.

Also how stable is it being only attached with two struts.

2. Camperman

Camperman Senior Member

Mar 23, 2019
    Wales
    Had a couple of NC screens on various bikes, not the Deflector, I've had the Street Shield. Four point mounting with quick release. Very easy to fit and remove. Gives good protection with no buffeting. Hope picture shows screen clearly.
    Dave

029 (2).jpg

• Like Like x 2
  3. covid-21

covid-21 Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2020
    QLD Australia
    OK thanks for that, I was thinking about the Street Shield but then I wondered about the four point mounting. I thought the bottom struts are attached by hose clamps around the top of the forks.

I have some blinkers mounted in the headlamp pivot, and I was thinking it might interfere with the shield on a Street Twin, but maybe not, although it's hard to tell with the America due to the different front rake etc.