Mytriumph App Navigation Issue

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by Chocolate Rat, Sep 5, 2022.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Chocolate Rat

Chocolate Rat Well-Known Member

Jun 18, 2020
    Norfolk, UK
    Hi all, I'm hoping someone out there can help. I've had a look through the forum already and whilst there are some similar issues regarding the app I can't find one that's exactly the same.

I am having issues with the navigation portion of the MyTriumph app. I successfully paired my iPhone with the bike for music and telephone and then used the app to enable the navigation portion of the connectivity. Upon doing so I get a prompt on the TFT which I accept and then once completed I can see the navigation function on the screen, however, if I attempt to send an address/destination or route from the app to the bike I receive the error “No Paired Bikes Connect to your Triumph via Bluetooth to start your ride”. I can confirm that there are two Bluetooth connections from my phone to the bike and both show as connected. Clearly I put this down to user error on my part – perhaps I’d missed a step, so I asked for the assistance from my local Triumph dealer. They went through exactly the same process as me having first carried out a number of firmware updates to the bike so the bike should be fully up to date as of 2nd September 2022. Unfortunately we received the same error when attempting to send a destination from the app. They suggested raising this directly with app tech support, which I've done, but I usually receive better options from the forums!

I'm defininitely using the latest version of the app - 1.2.2 and my iPhone is up to date (model 11 Pro, iOS version 15.6.1).

Has anyone else experienced this and did you manage to fix it?

MyTriumph_message.jpg

2. Baza

Baza Elite Member

Jul 25, 2020
    Home of Amazing Grace
    Probably nothing to do with your current problems but please be aware that the next IOS update will give problems with the Triumph App. See email below from Triumph.

5C6F2A9B-B66B-4588-A43C-ABA8A5B3E8EE.jpeg

3. Ducatitotriumph

Ducatitotriumph Crème de la Crème

Apr 25, 2019
    Rothwell
    Did you add the bike model via the VIN number?
    I presume that you have on the app?

4. Chocolate Rat

Chocolate Rat Well-Known Member

Jun 18, 2020
    Norfolk, UK
    No I added the bike via Bluetooth - that seems to be the recommendation. I did try initially via VIN and it said no bike found or words to that effect. A tad buggy I would say in that regard.

With regards to the iOS16 comment, yes I did read that and given mine didn't work anyway I have upgraded to that version. I am hoping that when they come to fix the nav issue with the newer OS they somehow manage to fix the issue I'm having. I have been told by Triumph it seems to be more of an iPhone issue as 'all of their Android phones work fine'. We will see.

5. Ducatitotriumph

Ducatitotriumph Crème de la Crème

Apr 25, 2019
    Rothwell
    That might be the issue as mine didn't work correctly unless added via the vin. Also, the dealer has to ensure that the vin has been entered correctly into the Bluetooth unit itself at installation.
    Ps, the unit is made by Samsung so it plays better with android.

6. jrlofitness

jrlofitness New Member

Apr 4, 2023
    SF Bay Area
    I have a 2023 Trident 660 and I'm having this exact same issue with the My Triumph app. I have my first service scheduled later this week. I'll mention this to the dealer and see if any software updates to the bike fix this issue - fingers crossed!

7. Phill748

Phill748 New Member

Jan 6, 2016
    Newbury
    I've had issues with my SpeedTriple RR this weekend taking a while to 'pair' when I turn the bike on etc but luckily it has eventually. Have all your issues been resolved by dealer updates etc?

I used my turn by turn at the weekend and I have to say I was really disappointed. It's just too slow, and it tells you what to do literally AT the junction, so on multiple occasions I was on motorways or dual carriageway where it branched left and right, it would count to 0yards THEN give the instruction, which is just way too late.

Is it just me? I am using an older iPhone XR, I'm wondering if I'm having issues because of an old iPhone or at least it's making the issues worse.

8. steve lovatt

steve lovatt Something else

May 12, 2014
    North Yorkshire
    I've cured the problem of connectivity with my Tiger 900 and the My Triumph app for use with the GPS system.
    I now use my phone on a quadlock and use Google maps.
    I just got fed up of the bike telling me it couldn't connect with my phone but working perfectly well at other times.
    It's a great idea having a satnav built into the bike but it has to consistently work and it just doesn't. :mad:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. Vermont Mixed

Vermont Mixed New Member

Aug 8, 2023
    Vermont

10. Vermont Mixed

Vermont Mixed New Member

Aug 8, 2023
    Vermont
    Totally agree with the Quad Lock solution. With my phone mounted, I can use any navigation app I want (I use Waze). My phone is connected to my Cardo for turn-by-turn nav, music, phone calls, intercom, etc. Works every time without three additional Bluetooth connections that may or may not work.
    The My Triumph app/module connectivity is a great concept, but Triumph should probably focus on motorcycle engineering and suggest riders use tried and true existing technology for Bluetooth connectivity.