My Yorkshire Farm.

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Tricky-Dicky, Sep 21, 2020.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Tricky-Dicky

Tricky-Dicky Crème de la Crème

Dec 12, 2016
    Norfolk UK
    Anyone watched this...the wife has been watching it and i am continually impressed and heartened by the way the kids behave ...yes i know a tely program but you cant fake the way they interact and the way they are taught and the continual display of common sense that even the youngest displays..thoroughly heartwarming in this day and age.

• Agree Agree x 6
  2. JtC

JtC Elite Member

Apr 20, 2020
    New Mexico
    Haven't seen the show but I do know well-behaved kids with common sense are a pleasure to see these days. Hell, adults like that can be hard to find. :p

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  3. Avinarant

Avinarant Well-Known Member

Aug 19, 2017
    Leeds
    Yep, it's very interesting the oldest lad is brilliant with his younger brother and loves his trials bike, so must be something there!!

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. stollydriver

stollydriver Elite Member

Apr 25, 2015
    north wales
    My misses is addicted to that programme - any you are right - the children are so advanced.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. johne

johne Standing on the shoulders of dwarves.

Jan 16, 2020
    Where the Wolds meet the sea
    Have you tried watching the Yorkshire Vet too? Us Yorkies are a tough old bunch. Lol

• Like Like x 1
  6. J S Chappell

J S Chappell Well-Known Member

Jan 17, 2020
    Wandering
    I Know them, Clive is a champ, Amanda isn't well thought of locally, personally I think she's one of lifes triers, and has built herself a lucrative media income from radio tv guest speaking and of course her very well written books. It's nice to show the town dwellers how many folk still scratch a living in the Dales. And you're right the kids are amazing ,well adjusted polite and intelligent, the high school kids have a 3 hour commute each day to school, longer in poor winter weather.

• Like Like x 4
  7. pistonbroke

pistonbroke Senior Member

Aug 10, 2020
    Lancashire
    damn right brother :cool:

you can always tell a yorkshireman.....you just can't tell him much :joy:

I think both programmes are great, some proper authentic tv content as opposed to the pitiful big brother/kardasashian and celebrity nonsense were served up with these days.

I've also been watching the remake of All Creatures great and small which pays homage to the original but paddles its own canoe well in my humble opinion.

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1