My Triumph Connectivity System

Discussion in 'Speed Triple' started by GOT, Mar 17, 2021.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. GOT

GOT Member

Nov 21, 2018
    Torquay Australia
    Any news on the MY TRIUMPH CONNECTIVITY SYSTEM for the Speed Triple RS from anyone with some inside knowledge?

2. Iceman

Iceman Crème de la Crème

Apr 19, 2020
    Lancashire
    What year is your RS

3. Ducatitotriumph

Ducatitotriumph Crème de la Crème

Apr 25, 2019
    Rothwell
    According to the triumph website, later this year.
    same as last year then......
    Pulling the plug on it?
    I am going to be (I think..)

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Iceman

Iceman Crème de la Crème

Apr 19, 2020
    Lancashire
    Triumph are slowly rolling the system out, I had an e mail in early January to say that Triumph Connectivity is now available for Tiger 800 and Street Triple models. It is worth it from my perspective, the Go Pro part works fantastic, no need to mess about stopping and turning the camera on and off, its all done via the joystick, the Sat Nav works good as well.

• Informative Informative x 1
  5. Ben Day

Ben Day New Member

Feb 4, 2021
    st albans
    I really want it on my 2019 (20 plate) STR, but how for around £300 ish how useful is it?

6. Iceman

Iceman Crème de la Crème

Apr 19, 2020
    Lancashire
    Hi Ben, if you use a Go Pro then that alone in my mind is worth it, you don't have to mess about switching the thing on and off, it is so easy to use, it has clear on screen information as well. The Sat Nav works well enough, if music is your thing you can stream it through, although personally I never listen to music, nor make or receive calls, although you can, I don't like distractions when riding or driving, but yes I would recommend it, it is not cheap I know, that said if you upgrade your bike at any point and Connectivity is not already installed you can swap it over, just get the dealer to up[load the software. Hope this helps.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Ben Day

Ben Day New Member

Feb 4, 2021
    st albans
    Thanks, I'll maybe have a chat to my dealer and see if I can get a bit of a discount! :)

8. SteveRS

SteveRS First Class Member

Jan 12, 2019
    British Columbia
    Maybe they can’t get it to work properly, just like the IED they call a quickshifter. Sorry, but I’m still very sour about that one.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. Ben Day

Ben Day New Member

Feb 4, 2021
    st albans
    ???

10. SteveRS

Jan 12, 2019
    British Columbia
    Don’t worry it’s not an issue on your STR.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Iceman

Iceman Crème de la Crème

Apr 19, 2020
    Lancashire
    Ben your threads about Connectivity not quickshifters, your puzzlement at the previous post is about an issue someone had with a Speed Triple RS, mine has been faultless from day one. I have owned 80 motorcycles since the early sixties, and ridden far more than I can recall as a professional mechanic in a previous life.Have a chat with your dealer they can talk you through it.

• Like Like x 1
  12. SteveRS

Jan 12, 2019
    British Columbia
    You are one of the lucky ones iceman. Many others around the world not so much. This was not an issue that only “someone” had, let’s be very clear on that please. You can see this is still a very sore point for me, so we should best leave it alone. Ben I’m sorry for making a poor joke about something that has nothing to do with your post.

I am also semi interested in the connectivity system. The GPS would be nice to have for sure.

• Like Like x 2
  13. Abirnie

Abirnie Well-Known Member

Oct 31, 2020
    Ontario, Canada
    I’m on my second 2020 RS with factory fitted quick shifter. Both have been faultless and work beautifully. My first RS was taken by the insurance company, because some wanker backed over it with her SUV in a parking lot. I do not ride lightly either. Many more miles on back tires than fronts if you catch my drift. Much happier with the way this Gen Speedy shifts compared to my 2016 R model. That one broke a gear under warranty and needed a tranny overhaul. Ended up with a very clacky 2nd gear that was missing a few teeth. Never liked how it shifted right from day one. Dealer said it was defective. Anyways, carry on gentlemen!

• Like Like x 2
  14. GOT

GOT Member

Nov 21, 2018
    Torquay Australia

15. Iceman

Iceman Crème de la Crème

Apr 19, 2020
    Lancashire
    I will get back to you as soon as possible

16. Iceman

Iceman Crème de la Crème

Apr 19, 2020
    Lancashire
    Hi Ben, I am informed that the module and software should be available in the Autumn

17. Paul Jacko

Paul Jacko New Member

Mar 8, 2021
    Belfast
    I have a 900 GTpro. Great bike.
    However the Triumph Connectivity GPS is not compatible with my iPhone 11. Triumph keep telling me they are working on it!

18. steve lovatt

steve lovatt Something else

May 12, 2014
    North Yorkshire
    I have the 900 GT Pro with the connectivity system. The GPS wouldn't work with my Samsung Galaxy A50 so I've had to use my previous A5 phone.

Here is a list of phones Triumph tested for Bluetooth connection. Other phones may not work at present. o_O
    • Apple iPhone 7
    • Samsung Galaxy S8
    • Samsung Galaxy S9
    • Apple iPhone X
    • Samsung Galaxy A5
    • Apple iPhone 8 Plus
    • Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge
    • Samsung Galaxy J5
    • Samsung Galaxy S7.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  19. Paul Jacko

Paul Jacko New Member

Mar 8, 2021
    Belfast
    Many thanks. Sadly doesn’t include IPhone 11

• Like Like x 1
    • WTF WTF x 1
  20. Abirnie

Abirnie Well-Known Member

Oct 31, 2020
    Ontario, Canada
    Brand new bikes, with a brand new connectivity system, tested with an iphone7 and 8 lol. I’m not touching that overpriced garbage.

• Agree Agree x 3