my speed triple

Discussion in 'Speed Triple' started by sgt d, May 15, 2014.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. sgt d

sgt d New Member

May 15, 2014
    northants
    hey people just got this last sunday never had a triumph before i like it so far she's in ok condition really for the age i think the front brake pistons maybe need some attention good but very spongy im gonna bleed them first iv been told this is quite common on early models? im looking forward to having a good ride on it this weekend iv got so many questions to as lol..... idle speed is high to me 1800rpm is that ok? ( my haynes mannual is in the post) runs well but a bit snatchy at low speed (town) and pops and bangs a bit on the over run but pulls and sounds really nice when you wind it up :wink: iv never had a fuel injected bike before ecu etc thought id ask what you guys think before i start fiddling any advice on remapping????????????? 006.jpg

006.jpg

2. sgt d

sgt d New Member

May 15, 2014
    northants
    well iv had a chance to ride it over the weekend and every things okish the tickover seems to have slowed down on its own?? wtf she still pops and bangs on the over run a bit cant find any leaks on the pipe any ideas? the front brakes are stripped at the mo most of the pistons are seized or stuck so iv orderd some pads and a seal kit should be here in the next few days it needs a rear disc too and pads probley the back brakes ****.... so far im impressed with it even my son likes it! any one know where i can get a cheap paddock stand???

3. Gimlet

Gimlet Member

Feb 11, 2014
    • Like Like x 2
  4. sgt d

sgt d New Member

May 15, 2014
    northants
    Right then iv sorted the brakes new seals pads and put a disc on the back a mate of mine has serviced it shims etc and we found some bodges lol on the fuel pump plate at the bottom of the petrol tank some one has put some airline connectors on it and bodged the puel hoses on to them (i forgot to take a pic) this dosent seem very safe to me so i need to sort something out any ideas?? i dont fancy turning into a human fire ball when i go for a ride iv phoned a few breakers and they just laughed when i asked if they had a plate and since the service the tick over has just gone stupid its stuck at 2800rpm we rechecked the throttle cable routing etc and its fine and it was fine before the service and we didnt touch the carbs iv been told this is down to the ecu needing a remap is this true??? any help is most appreciated!!........................on the plus side it no longer pops a bangs on the over run which was really starting to get on my nerves!