My New Therapy Animal Is A Black Mustang

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Sandi T, Feb 2, 2020.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Sandi T

Sandi T It's ride o'clock somewhere!
    Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    #1 Sandi T, Feb 2, 2020
    Last edited: Feb 23, 2020
    Well, one thing led to another since my bicycle crash two weeks ago. One of the unintended consequences of being laid up is that there is now a new equine in my stable in the form of a 2019 Ford Mustang Bullitt in Shadow Black! I'm not quite sure how that happened. Actually, I know exactly how it happened. So here's my story...and I'm sticking to it. :joy:
    IMG_4218.jpeg

Mr. Sandi and I went to see Ford vs. Ferrari on the big screen about a month ago. He swears that my first words when we left the theater were "I want a race car!" We both laughed it off but the seed had been planted. ;) My best girlfriend who rides an Indian Scout has a 2016 mustang GT and she is absolutely mad about it. My dad had a 1966 candy apple red Mustang convertible for years which he loved. And I grew up in a Ford family though I have not owned a Ford in decades. In fact my family also had a little Mustang in the 70s, one that was fairly nondescript, but a Mustang nonetheless. In fact, it was the car in which I learned to drive a stick shift. I'm full circle back to a Ford. :)

In recuperating from my bicycle accident, I've had a lot of time to think about life, how short it really is, and how quickly things can change. A neighbor who was also in a bicycle accident asked me if I was going to consider backing off on some of my activities like bicycling, motorcycling, and scuba diving. I said no way! :eek: I'm planning to do all the things that bring me great joy with even more enthusiasm and gratitude! And as often as I can. :) No waiting around anymore. Not that I've done a lot of that to date. :joy:

To continue the saga, in between an appointment to have sutures removed from my elbow and a physical therapy appointment this past Thursday, Mr. Sandi took me on an unexpected "detour". He drove to the local nearby Ford dealership and when we pulled in to park the car we were directly in front of the Mustang Bullitt. It was love at first sight. :heart_eyes: And I only got more weak-kneed as we looked at the car and listened to the beautiful and of the engine and exhaust. Sal, the salesman was nice but I'm quite sure he was laughing on the inside at the hobbling woman with her left arm in a sling looking at this particular car rather than, say, a Ford Focus. I asked him to call me back with a price and an offer for a trade on my Audi A4. In the meantime I devoured YouTube videos and online article reviews. The dealership also had a Shelby for a cool $65,000 plus a $10,000 "market adjustment" fee. They also had a couple of GT model's. But it was the blacked out Bullitt that won my heart. :heart:

So last night Mr. Sandi drove my Audi to the dealership while I manned my iPhone in my wheelchair and we made a deal. Today we went to the dealership and closed it. :grinning: It wasn't washed properly so needs some paint correction. They will take it to a local professional detailer work on it and in the meantime we'll use my Audi to transport me. Mr. Sandi has a Ford F150 truck and I can't even come close to getting into that thing right now. The Mustang has a six-speed a manual transmission which I'm extremely excited about. But at this point in my recovery I can't use my left arm to steer while I'm shifting with my right. More :eek:pportunity" work on patience. :blush: I'm getting a lot of that these days! :scream:

So there you have it. My new Mustang is my "animal therapy" in my bicycle crash healing process. Coincidence? I think not. Everything works together for a purpose. This gorgeous car is my silver lining, although the expense makes it more like a gold or platinum lining.;):joy: "Life's short--buy the damn car!"

P.S. One other thing...Mr. Sandi left me unsupervised. ;)

Screen Shot 2020-02-01 at 5.45.26 PM.png

IMG_4217.jpeg

It to me about five minutes to get myself into the car. But, boy oh boy, was it ever worth it! I am drooling to start driving this baby! Whenever my physical therapy hurts, I'll just think about driving this car.
    IMG_4219.jpeg

• Like Like x 21
    • Love You Love You x 3
  2. Retired Phil

Retired Phil Well-Known Member

Jun 22, 2017
    San Rafael
    Very inappropriate dude. I the applaud the ladies choice. Love Mustangs. Ive had 3 and my son just got one. Bullitt edition is a great choice. IRS has really improved the beast. Bravo.

• Like Like x 3
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • WTF WTF x 1
  3. MadMrB

MadMrB Elite Member

Dec 24, 2018
    Northamptonshire, UK
    Wow! Now that's incentive to heal more quickly ;) but absolute disgraceful behavior from a lady your age...well done!! :D

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Dave C

Dave C Elite Member

Dec 22, 2017
    North Dorset
    And I was jealous of the apple fritters :eek:, gorgeous car Sandi.

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. dilligaf

dilligaf Guest

:cool:FANTASTIC Sandi:eek:
    You’re right life’s too short to be dithering about denying ourselves so I’m chuffed to bits for ya :kissing_heart:
    When you don’t deny yourself again and you get your ROCKET 3 :cool: it’ll have to be Phantom Black to match your lovely Ford:imp::p

• Like Like x 7
    • Agree Agree x 5
    • Funny Funny x 1
  6. stollydriver

stollydriver Elite Member

Apr 25, 2015
    north wales
    As you say - live life to the full, you don't know how long this road is. Beautiful car - always loved the look and sound of Mustangs.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  7. Don the Don

Don the Don Bigger Than The Average Bear

Nov 5, 2019
    MORAY UK
    Away you go Sandie enjoy, as the guys say and I will endorse life is too short to be miserable and deny yourself some luxuries

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  8. SleepyOwl

SleepyOwl Crème de la Crème

Jul 26, 2019
    Cornwall
    Ice one Sandi. Rented one to go down the Pacific Highway last year with Mrs Owl. Fantastic car.
    Enjoy!

• Like Like x 4
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. Wessa

Wessa Cruising

Apr 27, 2016
    North West England
    Wow what a great story, as has been said before life is short, so get out there and enjoy it. I look forward to the first drive report when your current injuries have healed....

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Old phart phred

Old phart phred Noble Member

Jun 23, 2019
    Ks
    Great looking, and sounding car. Out of my one easy payment budget plan I'ma afraid. I might have to get cracking on finishing the 67 Ford Healey to keep up with that beast. Maybe I will get the shovel out today and remove some of the dust on it, to many projects so little time.

Sandi what are you going to name it? Pretty sure mustangs have to have masculine names, but nothing wrong with bullit, as long as it doesn't come up lame.

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. Sandi T

Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    Thanks, @Dozers Dad. Well, I do still like you. :kissing_heart: And one of life's simple pleasures is to make you a bit jealous. ;):joy::joy::joy:

Yep, the sound of the engine and exhaust system on the Bullitt is amazing! I know my mileage will suck but my friend, Dena, who has a 2016 mustang GT said it's well worth it! :grinning:

• Like Like x 6
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. Sandi T

Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    #12 Sandi T, Feb 2, 2020
    Last edited: Feb 2, 2020
    Thanks, @Retired Phil! I'm super happy with my choice! Which Mustangs have you had and which one does your son have? I love the Bullitt edition for its relative simplicity and "stealthiness". I didn't get a chance to see the green paint job but I suspect I would have chosen the black anyway. As other forum members have said, "black is best"! :cool:

While I appreciate you having my back in regards to DD's post, I am quite familiar with his British (and DD warped) sense of humor and took no offense. But thanks! :kissing_heart:

Any photos of your Mustangs and your son's new one would be much appreciated!

• Like Like x 2
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  13. stollydriver

Apr 25, 2015
    north wales
    Not a fan of battery cars then? :)

• Funny Funny x 7
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. Sandi T

Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    @MadMrB, yes, it's great incentive to heal more quickly! Thanks for the vote of confidence on my decision.

"A lady my age", that's funny. Hahaha. Ha. :rolleyes::joy: But you know what they say, you're only as old as you feel! The problem with that is right now I feel like I'm about 90.:scream: But that will change soon. In fact feeling younger and younger every single day!

• Like Like x 6
    • Funny Funny x 1
  15. Sandi T

Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    Thanks, @Dave C! Apple fritters and a Mustang! I am truly a blessed and lucky woman. :blush: I won't be eating any fritters in the car, however. ;)

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. Old phart phred

Old phart phred Noble Member

Jun 23, 2019
    Ks
    Hmm, therapy car is that tax deductible? Have a Dr. friend backdate a prescription for it.

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. MadMrB

MadMrB Elite Member

Dec 24, 2018
    Northamptonshire, UK
    Get back on your bikes (of the motor variety) and behind the wheel of that Mustang and you'll be feeling like a hooligan teenager again :imp::D

• Agree Agree x 6
  18. stollydriver

Apr 25, 2015
    north wales
    If you listen very carefully - you can hear Gretta Thunberg crying into her coco pops. :p:p

• Funny Funny x 11
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. Judd Dredd

Judd Dredd Giver of Drugs, Vaccines and Hard Truths

Jan 13, 2019
    here and there

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  20. Sandi T

Subscriber