Now Sold - My 1997 T595 Daytona For Sale On Ebay

Discussion in 'Bikes for Sale' started by StuarT595, Jun 30, 2022.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. StuarT595

StuarT595 Active Member

Nov 19, 2020
    South West UK
    https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/28487852...duwzHkQTWC&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

I’ve copied my description here for ease!

“Main note: There is NO test-riding this bike without the full cash value being handed over, and insurance in place!

This is a bike I bought in 2020 with a declared head gasket failure! However, after removing the head it was discovered that the gasket and head were intact and well. Just for peace of mind the head was sent off for pressure-testing and tolerances before a new OEM head gasket fitted 700 miles ago. The actual issue was a stuck thermostat…the diagnosis of a failed head gasket was assumed by the previous owner and his advisors on account of a blown radiator cap, which immediately failed them upon replacement.

Whilst the head was off, the following work (see bottom) was carried out and parts replaced.

Reason for selling is ride position affecting wrists, and the fact that I’ve just bought a Speedmaster, which gives me a slightly friendlier old-man ride. Equally, this bike isn’t a traffic-friendly machine (even though new sprockets and a remap has improved that somewhat), it likes to be ridden hard and I’ve long-since done with my peg scratching days.

So there you have it, a very honest bike which still has a couple of little things left to fettle, a bit of rust on an exhaust bolt, etc.

Cooling system overhaul

• Water pump dismantled, serviced and refitted with new OEM O ring, bolts, and casing seal.
    • Thermostat casing dismantled, cleaned and refitted with new OEM thermostat + main and sensor O rings/seals
    • Head water jacket cover removed, cleaned and refitted with new OEM gasket and bolts
    • All hoses removed and cleaned
    • System flushed with speed flush descaler
    • Cooling system filled with Triple QX Blue Ready Mixed Antifreeze/Coolant

Cylinder Head Overhaul

• Head removed, cleaned, pressure tested and checked for tolerances by Pro Bros Engineering, Avonmouth.
    • Head unit refitted with new OEM gaskets and Cylinder head bolts.
    • New OEM exhaust gaskets, exhaust studs and nuts fitted.
    • Valves reground and fitted with new OEM valve guide seals and shims fitted to return all valves to tolerance. Valve shafts lubricated with correct NLGI 2 Compliant Moly Grease
    • Cam cover cleaned and refitted with new OEM gasket and bolt seals
    • All new OEM copper sealing rings to head oil ways

Clutch Overhaul/replacement

• clutch basket upgraded to later single spring variant (original dual-spring version prone to breaking inner springs and depositing them to lock up other major internals).
    • Clutch plates cleaned and checked for tolerances, all other plates measured to be within spec.
    • New OEM gasket and sealing washer on refitting.

Full Service Comprising:

• NJK sparplugs
    • Air box serviced and refitted with new OEM gasket and filter
    • Valve clearances re-shimmed to spec with OEM shims
    • new oil filter and sump washer
    • New battery
    • Oil: Shell Advance 4T 10W-40 AX7 Motorcycle Synthetic Based 4 Stroke
    • Coolant: Triple QX Blue Ready Mixed Antifreeze

Tyre

• New Rear tyre Pirelli Angel GT 190/5 fitted 600 miles ago

Chain/sprockets

• Brand new JT Front Rubber Cushioned Sprocket (18 Teeth), JTR2011 Rear Sprocket (43 Teeth), DID 530 VX Gold & Steel X-Ring HD Chain

Fuel

• New fuel filter and tank seal
    • Stainless fuel hose couplings
    • Replacement injector seals
    • New tank drain hoses

Spark plugs - £11.01

Clutch parts - £42.20

Battery - £50

Grab Rail - £45.20

Lower engine gaskets - £19.95

Oil filter - £7.49

Head Pressure Test - £57.00

Fowler’s Repair Parts - £298.22

Driven Assembly Grease - £12.39

Water pump bolt - £2.80

Valve shims and clutch washer - £35.20

X2 further shims & oil pump drive Torx screw - £17.63

Oil, antifreeze, radflush - £45.27

Tank grommet, seal & drains, etc. - £17.78

Fuel Line O-Rings x4 - £6.99

Gear Lever Rubbers - £17.00

Rear tyre Pirelli Angel GT 190/55 - £131.65

Injectors, oil cooler washers - £17.47

Exhaust wrap + brake fluid - £12.21

Temperature sensor O ring - £0.78

Batt-strap, fittings fuel tank grommets- £13.69

Stainless fuel couplings - £57.61

Fuel Hose Jubilee Clips - £6.82

Fuel Filter - £16.99

Rear plastics grommets, fuel o-rings - £13.06

JT Front Rubber Cushioned Sprocket (18 Teeth), JTR2011 Rear Sprocket (43 Teeth), DID 530 VX Gold & Steel X-Ring HD Chain (108 link) - £112.56”

B04163AA-D7DC-409A-9C96-63239AB66D1B.jpeg

8424448E-8EB0-41FE-98C9-DAEAF876341E.jpeg

• Like Like x 2
  2. Geoff Butler

Geoff Butler Never too old for Biking!
    Subscriber

Apr 5, 2021
    Hampshire & Powys
    Nice example, GLWS, you don’t see many black ones around. :cool:

I had the same issue with the clip on bars on mine and didn’t ride it for 5 years. Now she is reborn with a top yoke conversion and I have never looked back. :)

• Like Like x 1
  3. StuarT595

StuarT595 Active Member

Nov 19, 2020
    South West UK
    They are great bikes I agree…unfortunately I’ve got a surgical referral for my wrist…I’m definitely stuck with a cruiser ride if I want to carrier on! A Triumph, of course! :)

• Like Like x 1
  4. StuarT595

StuarT595 Active Member

Nov 19, 2020
    South West UK
    For anyone interested in this bike, I would let it go to a forum member for £1850

• Like Like x 2
  5. Iceman

Iceman Crème de la Crème

Apr 19, 2020
    Lancashire
    Good luck with the sale, I remember your original thread when you started the engine work, it may have been worth raising the bars to ease the wrist issues, that said your new Speedmaster should alleviate the issue, you could always keep them both. Ride safe all from an ageing Rocker

• Like Like x 2
  6. StuarT595

StuarT595 Active Member

Nov 19, 2020
    South West UK
    Yes, I can’t tell you how amazing this forum has been. I’m sticking with Triumph, so won’t be going anywhere soon! :)
    Sadly I won’t be able to keep both, but I’ve loved having the T595, it’s got me back into the shenanigans of motorcycling all over again.
    You ride safe too, m’friend, and thank you for all your help along the way!

• Like Like x 1
  7. StuarT595

StuarT595 Active Member

Nov 19, 2020
    South West UK
    Just to say that someone is potentially putting £1500 on the table…I’m mentioning it just in case this puts it in a viable market for a forum member?
    I really need this bike gone, so I can collect my Speedmaster. I feel really sad about the entire episode…a forum member would strangely make me feel so much better about the journey and future of a lovely bike!
    Feel free to PM at any time.

• Like Like x 3
  8. Geoff Butler

Subscriber

Apr 5, 2021
    Hampshire & Powys
    Any luck with selling the bike yet Stu?

Being a T595 owner myself it makes me sad that such a nice bike at a great price has not been snapped up. :confused:

9. StuarT595

StuarT595 Active Member

Nov 19, 2020
    South West UK
    Hi Geoff,
    Just tyre kickers and empty promises at the moment. I don’t understand it because it’s an honest bike. Dropped it to £1595 now.
    Craziest thing of all are the below stats in the image…it’s not like it isn’t being viewed!

3353C200-E395-4093-9EF3-99C6EB43C130.jpeg

10. Geoff Butler

Subscriber

Apr 5, 2021
    Hampshire & Powys
    That is odd!

Have you considered AutoTrader?

11. StuarT595

StuarT595 Active Member

Nov 19, 2020
    South West UK
    No, I didn’t bother with AT, thinking the exposure on FB, a couple of Triumph Forums, and eBay would be good enough.
    To be fair it’s not from lack of exposure…maybe it’s just a bit of bad luck with location?

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. StuarT595

StuarT595 Active Member

Nov 19, 2020
    South West UK
    To conclude…the bike finally sold to a really nice guy who came with a lovely family from Essex. I get a strong feeling it’s gone to exactly the right person!

• Like Like x 7
    • Cheers Cheers x 1
  13. Geoff Butler

Subscriber

Apr 5, 2021
    Hampshire & Powys
    That's great news :grinning:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1