Mouse Eat My Bike!

Discussion in 'Triumph General Discussion' started by maegor_1, Apr 26, 2019.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. maegor_1

maegor_1 New Member

Apr 26, 2019
    Canada
    I live behind a soybean field and since spring is finally back here in Quebec, I took my Street Triple out of the shed for the season start preparations. I quickly realized that the mouse had found refuge in my bike this winter... I cleaned up this mess and the bike seems to work perfectly. The purpose of my post today is that the mouse seem to have been chewing on something foam and I wonder if it comes from the motorcycle? Apart from the seat, are there other places where you can find foam in a Street triple r 2013? air filter or other.? The foam is grey in colour and seems to have a good density, as in a Pelican case for example. Thank you for helping me because obviously if there’s anything eaten in the motorcycle, I’d like to replace asap. Thanks!

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Dartplayer

Dartplayer Crème de la Crème

Aug 8, 2018
    New Zealand
    • Funny Funny x 10
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Vulpes

Vulpes Confused Member

Mar 14, 2018
    Netherlands
    Hi and welcome.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. brown mouse

brown mouse Elite Member

Sep 15, 2018
    East Midlands, UK
    It wasn't me! I like bikes, but not in the nibbly way :)
    Welcome to the forum.

• Funny Funny x 8
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. David Cooper

David Cooper Triumph Rocketeer.
    Subscriber

Hello and welcome to the forum maegor_1

98636c6ee64925a19858f8a491d300d2.gif

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Wessa

Wessa Cruising

Apr 27, 2016
    North West England
    What a b@gger, knocks your confidence when your not sure what the little blighter has been up to. Good luck with getting to the bottom of his nibbling ways......

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Tricky-Dicky

Tricky-Dicky Crème de la Crème

Dec 12, 2016
    Norfolk UK
    Just be thankful it wasn't a rat...welcome to the madhouse.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Tricky-Dicky

Tricky-Dicky Crème de la Crème

Dec 12, 2016
    Norfolk UK
    Is that why dill has polo's glued to various parts of his bike.;):p

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  9. maegor_1

maegor_1 New Member

Apr 26, 2019
    Canada
    Thanks all for the warm welcome! I keep the peppermint trick for the next winter.

If I found where the foam came from, I will post an update. At least now I know how to get a mouse out of an exhaust

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. joe mc donald

Subscriber

Dec 26, 2014
    slough / burnham
    Maegor.
    Grey foam could be from the inside of the panels they sometimes put foam there to stop the vibration and warm the bike quicker. Welcome to the Family by the way.
    Ride Safe & Enjoy
    Joe.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 3
  11. maegor_1

maegor_1 New Member

Apr 26, 2019
    Canada
    I checked my panels today and they don't have any foam inside, my motorcycle is a street triple so it was easy to check, it only have a small cover on each side... It's pretty much a naked bike. But thanks for the comments!

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. joe mc donald

Subscriber

Dec 26, 2014
    slough / burnham
    Maegor 1
    Have you checked the air filter but I do think it would be the paper type. Or is it the wadding from inside the exhaust can. Really you would need to send a picture of the foam see if it jogs someone's memory. You can obviously see if the seat has been damaged. And if it were a lot from the exhaust then the exhaust note would change a bit. But some bike they stick bits of foam inside the tank centre's and around the coils. But if the bike is running sweet and no sensory lights are showing it must be fair to say it hasn't come from the bike. Maybe the little blighter was building a nest and carrying the foam to the bike.
    Regards
    Joe.

• Like Like x 1
  13. maegor_1

maegor_1 New Member

Apr 26, 2019
    Canada
    I already check a video tutorial "air filter replacement street triple 2013" and cant see any grey foam. I attach a picture of the foam, it's not the best pictures but maybe it will help. The seat was inside the house all winter, so it's not that. As for the exhaust, I don't hear any difference in sound. Many I'm a little too paranoid after all hehehe.

IMG_20190422_153551-01.jpeg

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. joe mc donald

Subscriber

Dec 26, 2014
    slough / burnham
    Maegor_1,
    Quite honestly that just looks like a piece of foam like you would find in any parcel package. I would not be to concerned.
    Regards
    Joe.

• Like Like x 3
  15. Cap City Murph

Cap City Murph Active Member

Jul 14, 2018
    Carson city nv.
    Lavender oil helps