Tiger Explorer Mounting A Drift Ghost 4k Camera

Discussion in 'Tiger / Explorer' started by David Gower, Feb 18, 2019.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. David Gower

David Gower Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2019
    Warminster, Wiltshire, Uk
    Hi guys ...

Has anyone found a good place to mount a video camera on the Explorer 1200 or newer 1200?
    I like to video exceptional pieces of the countries I visit.

As the title states, I am trying to find a suitable forward facing position for my Drift Ghost 4K. Unfortunately there was no where up on the headlight fairing.

What I did find was a nice flat position just on top of the front mudguard. My worry is that there isn't enough gap from the top of the camera to the underside of the headlight fairing on suspension compression.

Any ideas?

2. Sir Trev

Sir Trev Senior Member

May 27, 2017
    Buckinghamshire
    Got any suitable places for a RAM mount? Lady Poppy's bicycle now has one (handlebar mount) with a short arm which has a flat square pad on the other end. I affixed the flat self adhesive mount that came with her Ghost X on the pad and bingo. Works a treat.

My TomTom uses a RAM mount that I added in place of a handlebar bolt so similar setup.

3. David Gower

Jan 12, 2019
    As I couldn’t find a suitable place with using just the sticky mount. I remembered my mate had a similar issue mounting the drift camera to his helmets do getting an acceptable viewing angle. We bought the Drift Innovation adjustable mount which worked for him.
    So I bought one too. Should be able to get the right viewing angle from the headlight fairing now ...
    Let’s hope it works for me.

Installation photos to follow..

51458392-BE43-482C-99B4-8C73B02298E1.png

• Like Like x 1
  4. David Gower

Jan 12, 2019
    Well .. As soon as the Amazon delivery guy had been and gone the camera got mounted ... Super happy with the result.

Also changed out the Garmin bracketry for the Triumph Tiger 1200 Sat nav mount. and checked that the tank bag was workable ... Result ... Superb!!!

IMG_1156.jpg

IMG_1157.jpg

• Like Like x 2