Rideout Motorcycle Live 2016....The triumph forum invasion

Discussion in 'Rideouts, Trackdays, Touring & Spotted' started by littleade, Oct 24, 2016.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. littleade

littleade The only sane one here
    Subscriber

Mar 17, 2015
    kidderminster Worcestershire
    Right then......

The chuckle brothers are off to the NEC

We're going on Tuesday 22nd and I'm planning to meet Wayne at the entrance to the halls at around 10.15am so if anyone wants to join us or just pop along to say hello at some stage then do their own thing please reply below. With all the new Trumpets on show it should be a good day out for you lot;)

Visiting the BMW stand is optional....:D

• Like Like x 1
  2. Havit

Havit Admin
    Staff Member

Jul 17, 2015
    Carlow
    He missed out the bit about going to the BMW stand for a Laugh:D:D:D I wonder Why:rolleyes::p:D

• Like Like x 1
  3. littleade

Subscriber

Mar 17, 2015
    #3 littleade, Oct 25, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 25, 2016
    They'll have the 3 worlds best selling large capacity bikes on display- the GS, GSA and S1000RX so I'll be p1ssing myself. No doubt they'll be quite pleased too;) but the sensitive ones amongst us don't have to come with me....

4. Dougie D

Dougie D Crème de la Crème

Jan 30, 2016
    Blairgowrie Perthshire
    The national motorcycle museum is worth a visit ,it's only about a mile from the NEC :)

5. littleade

Subscriber

Mar 17, 2015
    It is mate. I've been there recently with my mate who's in a wheel chair who wanted to see if they had a 1947 BSA 500 star twin like his dad had....and they did. I found examples of my 2 BSA A10s on show as well as the B31 I had and they even had a mk2 LE Vellocette tucked up in the corner too, 3 speed hand start and hand change....the staff are brilliant too and will get bikes out from behind the ropes for you to look at if it's not too busy. Anybody making the trip could combine the 2 but you need a good 1/2 day at the museum to appreciate what they have got there. BTW the triumphs were easy to spot...they were the bikes with the drip trays underneath:D

6. roadrider

roadrider First Class Member
    Subscriber

Jul 26, 2013
    Oxon
    Me and SWMBO are going on the Monday, not sure if we're taking the bikes or not yet.

7. Dougie D

Dougie D Crème de la Crème

Jan 30, 2016
    Blairgowrie Perthshire
    i only go if i'm in the market for another bike ..otherwise the temptation can get too much :rolleyes:

• Like Like x 1
  8. its me

its me Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2015
    leeds
    It's free entry to the national museum on the 5th Nov.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Modalconfusion

Modalconfusion Active Member

Jul 28, 2016
    Stafford
    £20 plus £12 parking or thereabouts just to look at new bikes and to push your way to the front to perhaps sit on them no not for me if I am looking for a new motor I will read MCN and visit the dealers. And as for paying just to shop for some so called bargains I can do that from home and save £32, with which I can take the queen out for the evening

• Like Like x 4
  10. littleade

Subscriber

Mar 17, 2015
    I know what you mean MC as I don't go very often, but I look at it as a day out and a chance to meet up with Wayne and have a laugh. You could always go on the bike and park for free, or like me go on the train.... and if you go in the week there's normally far fewer people there so not many queues. Only £32....you cheapskate:D:D:D

• Like Like x 1
  11. Bikerman

Bikerman Crème de la Crème
    Subscriber

Oct 29, 2014
    Lincolnshire
    #11 Bikerman, Oct 25, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 26, 2016
    I too stopped going for all the above reasons, £5.00 for a programme full of advents, £19.50 -£25.00 to get in, ( Having a right laugh there ) £12.00 to park a car. ( The joke just gets better )
    No thanks. Years ago you'd come back from Earls Court ( had more atmosphere than the NEC will ever have ) with bag loads of goodies, but the NEC hardly anything.
    I'll go to my local bike shop and save £30-40 and see all the bikes there.
    Get yourself to the national motorcycle museum on the 5th Nov, as has been said.

• Like Like x 1
  12. crispey

crispey crispey creme de la creme

Nov 6, 2014
    Uk
    Bet she can't wait!!!:D:D

• Like Like x 3
  13. littleade

Subscriber

Mar 17, 2015
    I can see it now.. .."Sorry dear you can only have a soft drink and you can't have a starter or a pudding as we'll go over budget, but I'll buy you a mars bar from the petrol station on the way home":D;)

• Like Like x 2
  14. roadrider

roadrider First Class Member
    Subscriber

Jul 26, 2013
    Oxon
    I'm going to look at new jackets, hopefully there'll be a reasonable selection, saves trapesing round 3or4 shops. Not going to buy,just try different sizes.
    Might even get to bounce on few new bikes as well.
    Don't pay £12 for parking, park in the train station and walk over the bridge, saves queuing for the bus.

• Like Like x 2
  15. Tricolore

Tricolore Active Member

Jun 24, 2016
    Midlands
    Parking in the train saves a lot of agro but I was charged £12:00 the other day for parking, only there 3 hours..used to be a fiver all day.

16. Tiglet

Tiglet Vintage Member
    Subscriber

Mar 28, 2016
    Cheshire
    I've got my name down to go on the last day 27th with Staffordshire Triumph.
    The deal is on arrival at the showroom T or coffee, toast, oatcakes.
    Return coach travel to the NEC, dropped off and picked up near the main enterance.
    Admission ticket.

I've been with Staffordshire Triumph for the last 3 years and the charge all in was £25 each year :):)

Hopefully it'll be the same price this year:cool:

Dave

17. Tim Jones

Tim Jones Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2015
    Eccleshall, Staffs
    I shall be there,go every year. 4/5 of us take the car, share parking costs just look upon on it as a day out doing bike related stuff in the middle of November.

Car carries lots of stuff if you feel like spending.

Teejay

18. littleade

Subscriber

Mar 17, 2015
    At this rate there will only be Wayne and me going on the Tuesday so it'll be more like a scouting exercise than a full on invasion....

• Like Like x 1
  19. Andy_S

Andy_S Active Member

Jul 19, 2016
    Kingston upon Hull
    You enjoy yourself and don't worry about those of us who are not going due to the w word preventing us.
    Andy

20. littleade

Subscriber

Mar 17, 2015
    'kin 'ell a positive post.:eek:

Thanks, we will. I did the w word for 42 years and decided I didn't like it anymore.......