Motorcycle Gang's.

Discussion in 'Triumph General Discussion' started by David Cooper, Jul 13, 2019.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. David Cooper

David Cooper Triumph Rocketeer.
    Subscriber

#1 David Cooper, Jul 13, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 13, 2019
    Is there something going on about bike gangs, I was told I had to see my manager last week, who knows everyone who has bikes at the depot, and he asked me if I was in a motorcycle gang I said no, then he asked me who I rode with, I thought feck you and said no comment, I later found out he;d asked every biker at the depot,then when I asked my mate who drives for a massive international heavy haulage firm, he told me they had been asked the same question, WTFs going on.

• Useful Useful x 1
  2. BigCLM

BigCLM Senior Member

Nov 30, 2017
    San Rafael, CA
    Probably jealous.

• Agree Agree x 4
  3. stollydriver

stollydriver Elite Member

Apr 25, 2015
    north wales
    I have heard some prejudice if you are a 'gang rider ' that is prospect earned. I ride for myself so .......

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. MadMrB

MadMrB Elite Member

Dec 24, 2018
    Northamptonshire, UK
    Do you wanna be in my gang, my gang, my gang.... :confused: err, no that's not allowed anymore o_O

• Funny Funny x 9
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. In my own world

In my own world Senior Member

Dec 22, 2018
    West Sussex
    If you in a gang after work hours and it does not in any way affect the company you work for or your attendance or doing your job well whats it got to do with them. Or maybe the boss wanted to know if you knew anyone that could top someone for a price?
    Why does everyone think because you ride a bike, wear leather jackets and boots you're in a gun carrying, law breaking thug? Hello were in England, we don't go are beating old grannies for there pension. Well, i don't any more since coming out of nappies.
    ap,550x550,12x16,1,transparent,t.u4.png

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
  6. Alatamoc

Alatamoc Senior Member

Mar 29, 2019
    Uk
    I spent 15 years in a backpactch club.
    I'm also a mental health professional. Now mostly retired.
    No way could I have disclosed my membership to my employers.
    In fact it took me longer to get my full patch than it did to convert my M.A. to a doctorate.
    Weird world.

• Like Like x 4
    • Funny Funny x 3
  7. DCS222

DCS222 Guest

#7 DCS222, Jul 15, 2019
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 15, 2019
    You ask him back... “is this an official question?” And “Can you tell me the context around singling out a minority group and checking my associations? My bike is my church and my belief system is formed around all aspects of riding... is it ‘coz I wears black?”

• Like Like x 13
  8. Wessa

Wessa Cruising

Apr 27, 2016
    North West England
    Small minded people who have no appreciation of who bike riders are......

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Timmy Tucker

Timmy Tucker Elite Member

Apr 20, 2019
    Newmarket
    20190628_172506.jpg 20190713_085925.jpg Tucker

• Like Like x 8
    • Funny Funny x 2
  10. Graeme_D

Graeme_D Active Member

Aug 31, 2015
    Edinburgh
    It might simply be a new case of company policy to ask about potential links to criminal activity. They are asking you more to confirm you are not in a gang, rather than trying to incriminate you.
    Basically, they are covering themselves for a future potential negative association. Likely as a reaction to current criminal activity by 'bike gangs'.

Which aren't like the bike gangs of the past, but wee neds going around stealing things, who happen to use bikes/scooters.
    But hey, some people hear bike gangs and think of bearded leather clad man hulks out for a bit of murder down the local boozer.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Dodge74

Dodge74 Active Member

Oct 16, 2014
    Lincoln
    these days you're more likely to be involved in organised crime if you ride a stupid little stunt bicycle & wear a hoody with nike trainers, or ride round two up on a 50cc scooter. When are the British going to catch up with the rest of Europe & realise bikers are usually people who have jobs/careers or are retired & are mostly respectable people who have a spirit of adventure , this country is still living in the past . Mods & Rockers went out about the same time as everything else we seem to be clinging onto , ie. England winning the world cup

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 3
  12. MadMrB

MadMrB Elite Member

Dec 24, 2018
    Northamptonshire, UK
    Even when I first started riding in the 80's the bikers were usually the most decent people, and pubs frequented by bikers were usually the safest places with the least trouble.

• Agree Agree x 4
  13. Alatamoc

Alatamoc Senior Member

Mar 29, 2019
    Uk
    Let's not be too rose tinted spectacles about this.
    As I'm sure I've said before, I rode with a backpatch club for 15 years.. in fact I left only a few months back.
    The reason I left was more or less because of the increasing demands for gang related activity....
    That includes violence and generally intimidating behaviour.
    I wasn't prepared to go along with that.
    If you earn a backpatch it comes at a price....it's not a reward for good behaviour.
    Sorry, but let's not romanticise this.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. Alatamoc

Alatamoc Senior Member

Mar 29, 2019
    Uk
    Big big difference between an informal bunch of friends riding bikes and a patch club.

• Agree Agree x 6
  15. MadMrB

MadMrB Elite Member

Dec 24, 2018
    Northamptonshire, UK
    Yes, spent many a good night at the King Billy. In the 80's there used to be loads of bikes, good bands, and good people. The only time I saw any trouble in there it was sorted out very quickly and the instigators were ejected by the other customers (bikers). I've not been there for about 8 years, but it was still pretty much the same last time I did go, but unfortunately without the lineup of bikes outside.

• Like Like x 3
  16. Alatamoc

Alatamoc Senior Member

Mar 29, 2019
    Uk
    I think that sort of echoes my own experience....when I prospected for my club it was a lot more relaxed...true you needed to be the right sort but nobody expected you to do bad things to other people.
    Shame,but aim sorry to say those days have definitely gone.

• Like Like x 2
  17. Judd Dredd

Judd Dredd Giver of Drugs, Vaccines and Hard Truths

Jan 13, 2019
    here and there
    Have you seen who lives in this asylum for the motorcycling insane?

• Funny Funny x 7
  18. Katies Grandad

Jun 27, 2017
    St Neots
    You mean like Sweden?

• Funny Funny x 4