Motorcycle Fatality. Fl, Usa.

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Golgotha, Feb 12, 2022.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Golgotha

Golgotha Guest

FYI-

Dateline 11FEB22. Bike fatality, Tampa Bay Area.

40 yr old rider dead, 8 yr old passenger critically injured.

Selfish moth*rf**ker just whipped across oncoming traffic to get to his favorite shopping plaza. Probably to squeeze a free coffee out of some vender or something like that. That's what they do in FL. Bike went straight into him, probably between 45mph and 55mph. 71 yr old codger in the KIA probably should've surrendered his license several years ago. I lived in FL for many years. I'm VERY familiar with this demographic. Those old retirees down there are an absolute menace. They kill bikers regularly, in fact pretty frequently. I've personally known easily 1/2 dozen dudes killed by mostly senior citizens down there who in no way, shape or form should've been allowed behind the wheel. I can't even begin to count my close calls.

Head on a swivel, people, no matter where you live.

https://www.wfla.com/news/local-new...ills-1-injures-8-year-old-child-in-bradenton/

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  2. joe mc donald

Subscriber

Dec 26, 2014
    slough / burnham
    Golgotha
    Just agree with you. So sad. But not exclusive we have it here all over the place and agree with you on ancient drivers they should have at least a yearly test of ability and hearing and eyesight. My heart goes out to the riders family and friends..
    Joe.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. Golgotha

Golgotha Guest

It's nothing against the elderly. It's just against the ones who migrate to down there. E. Coast of FL is loaded with NY and some other Tri-State area retirees. W.Coast of FL is a lot of Greater Chicago Area. 2 densely packed, gigantic metropolitan nightmares where by and large they drive like shit. My own family hails from NYC. All my relatives back there drive like complete jackasses. I was fortunate enough to get out of that cage at a very early age, but I grew up in Retired NYer heaven. Chi-town retirees are just as bad. They simply don't pay attention and act like they own the road. They will kill you on a bike w/out thinking twice and use "I just didn't see him," "I didn't know he was coming," or "he shoulda used his horn" as their legitimate excuse.

Funny I've never met an incompetent senior citizen who rides.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Pegscraper

Pegscraper Elite Member

Jun 12, 2020
    Yorkshire
    This,unfortunately, can be a sad consequence of riding a motorcycle just about anywhere on the planet. It happened to me in '94 when an ageing myopic farmer pulled out on me, writing off my Fireblade, almost taking me with it, it was real close. I remember one of the locals, who stopped at the scene, saying that this wasn't the first time he'd done it. When it went to court he was found guilty with a fine, licence points and I eventually got a good payout but I've no idea if he carried on driving. As he didn't receive a ban I suspect he did.

5. Fork Lock

Fork Lock Elite Member

Feb 5, 2021
    South Jersey, The 51st State
    "It's nothing against the elderly. It's just against the ones who migrate to down there. E. Coast of FL is loaded with NY and some other Tri-State area retirees."
    Golgatha

They don't call it Death's back porch for nothing.

6. Steve O'Connor

Mar 9, 2021
    Indianapolis, Indiana
    The first time I drove anything in Florida I had flown down with my Dad to help him drive his lumbering beast of a camper back to Indiana. First day heading back I am driving in the Sarasota area and we get a fairly mild rainstorm and people are pulling over off the road like the raindrops are shrapnel and they have to get away from it! I luckily only had one near collision from this. I have since drove a good bit down there and it's true there are a lot of seniors who should not be allowed behind the wheel causing havoc in Florida.

7. Golgotha

Golgotha Guest

When I had my Harley I had a method to take my revenge on those pricks when they cut me off or otherwise violated road etiquette. What really pissed me off was when they did this shit they'd typically just carry on all oblivious like nothing even happened. They weren't ever the least bit suspicious that I was basically in pursuit. Anyway- I had straight pipes that both ran along the right side of the bike. I'd let the shithead in question gain some distance from me then I'd give it spurs and go to pass them on their left side, coming up with a fair bit of speed. Just as got to their left rear quarter panel, I'd pull the clutch and downshift it a gear, so I was now coasting past them all quiet and stealth-like. Just as my rear wheel got to the driver side window I'd pop the clutch and give her mad throttle. Bike would explode into a deafening roar that was especially nerve-rattling if you were right there where I positioned them. The stupefied look of sheer terror on their ugly mugs was rewarding to say the least. :cool:

8. Wessa

Wessa Cruising

Apr 27, 2016
    North West England
    A very tragic story and has been said can happen anywhere in the world. My thoughts go out to the family. In my late 60's I hope I never end up driving when I'm not up to the task.

• Agree Agree x 1