Motorbike Wash

Discussion in 'Triumph General Discussion' started by In my own world, Jul 11, 2019.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. neilbaker99

neilbaker99 Member

Aug 17, 2017
    Coventry
    Lol, never even looked. I bought the cheap stuff just for the spray bottles. I use the cheap stuff on my car wheels. Works quite well. Not tried dropping some ally in it though

• Like Like x 1
  2. Eldon

Eldon Elite Member

Nov 14, 2018
    North Yorkshire
    I in addition to Muc off have some alloy wheel cleaner. This positively aggressive and far too reactive for my liking so no not all cleaners are the same.
    I certainly use that with caution and would advise anyone to treat a new, to them, product likewise until personal knowledge and experience is achieved.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Scoop!

Scoop! New Member

Apr 8, 2019
    Norfolk
    I hate washing bikes or cars or ....... Spray liberally with propriety 'foamy bike stuff' wash off with pressure washer on 'wide spray' and 'blow dry' (used leaf blower from eBay), spray almost everything with 365 (or similar) and ride. Ignore trail of smoke as you set off down the road but it takes me back to my 2-stroke era!

4. Eldon

Eldon Elite Member

Nov 14, 2018
    North Yorkshire
    I in addition to Muc off have some alloy wheel cleaner. This is positively aggressive and far too reactive for my liking so no not all cleaners are the same.
    I certainly use that with caution and would advise anyone to treat a new, to them, product likewise until personal knowledge and experience is achieved.

5. chuk

chuk Senior Member
    Subscriber

Jan 10, 2017
    neilston glasgow
    #25 chuk, Jul 15, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 15, 2019
    Never buy muk off or anything similar in 1 Ltr sizes,just use google search buy 5 litre sizes for £20ish if you look hard enough get buy one get one free intro offers on some sites,if you use scottoiler fs365 and spray very lightly after a run it stops dirt clinging to bike,I sometimes go 2 or 3 runs before washing bike,hose fs365 off then wash as usual most decent shampoo is fine but not fairy as not ph neutral,oops use a grit guard in your buckets very cheap and less paint swirl marks,best keep muck off etc for coated items like wheels swingarm engine etc use snowfoam or similar on paintwork.

6. Scoop!

Scoop! New Member

Apr 8, 2019
    Norfolk
    I hate washing bikes or cars or ....... Spray liberally with propriety 'foamy bike stuff' wash off with pressure washer on 'wide spray' and 'blow dry' (used leaf blower from eBay), spray almost everything with 365 (or similar) and ride. Ignore trail of smoke as you set off down the road but it takes me back to my 2-stroke era!

7. JollySailor

JollySailor New Member

Mar 5, 2019
    Falmouth
    Washing up liquid contains salt , bad choice .

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. Uncorrugated

Uncorrugated Senior Member

May 25, 2017
    Northamptonshire
    What is this cleaning of which you speak?

:eek::)

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. chuk

chuk Senior Member
    Subscriber

Jan 10, 2017
    neilston glasgow
    It’s what you do when it’s very hot for long periods and you end up with Betty swallocks

• Funny Funny x 1
  10. Uncorrugated

Uncorrugated Senior Member

May 25, 2017
    Northamptonshire
    Ahh yes... I see.

Can you recommend a good Betty cleaner?

;)

11. chuk

chuk Senior Member
    Subscriber

Jan 10, 2017