Mot Grief?

Discussion in 'Speed Triple' started by Dawsy, Aug 26, 2018.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Dawsy

Dawsy Cumbrian half-wit
    Subscriber

Aug 24, 2018
    Cumbria
    Bought my 2014 Speedy with Arrow cans fitted but no db killers. Love the sound but neighbours may not appreciate a 6:30 am start up! Shop put an advisory on MOT so am I going to have issues in future? I have looked all over eBay etc to source some killers but failed miserably. Any idea where I may find some?

2. Madmatt

Madmatt Member

Sep 22, 2017
    London
    An advisory is fine ,it still passed an MOT. But this only a guess, your bike might be added to a computer system. If plod are following with anpr. It might give them an excuse to pull you over.

3. Yorkshireman

Yorkshireman Crème de la Crème

Dec 12, 2015
    Barnsley
    Agree as above, take it to the same tester next year and if there’s a problem point out that the bike hasn’t changed since last test. It’s not like if you rack up more than one advisory it adds up to a fail but if you are worried about your mot history looking a bit “tainted” then like Smilinjack says Arrows will surely be able to sort you out but I’m sure I’ve seen some on eBay recently just keep checking.

4. Yorkshireman

Dec 12, 2015
    Barnsley
    Not that I’m aware of. HGV’s get added to an anpr system that the DVSA action for vehicle and tacho infringements but not general traffic.

• Informative Informative x 1
  5. Rocker

Rocker Elite Member

May 1, 2016
    Suffolk
    "The Shop"? the shop were your just bought it ? that's a bit rude take it back tell them it's not fit for purpose and to put some fucking baffles in it !!

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. Madmatt

Madmatt Member

Sep 22, 2017
    London
    We’re all in the Matrix!!

• Funny Funny x 2
  7. Col_C

Col_C I can't re...Member

Aug 5, 2015
    Cornwall
    Firstly let me say that I'm running twin Arrows without baffles and have had no problems and just passed first MOT without a mention, however........
    I believe technically they are not road legal with baffles removed, so plod can have a go if he's in a bad mood (also might cause insurance problems), if the "shop" is a reputable dealer I believe they are required to sell a road legal bike. So I would be forceful in requiring them to provide the missing baffles FOC. When buying a bike with aftermarket can(s) I have always made sure they also provide the originals.

• Like Like x 2
  8. Dawsy

Dawsy Cumbrian half-wit
    Subscriber

Aug 24, 2018
    Cumbria
    I did ask about originals but they weren't available. Arrow don't list anything for Speedys later than 2010. Something about Triumph taking the cans in house. Will keep looking. Will discuss with the shop too as I need to contact them again. Cheers all.

9. Yorkshireman

Dec 12, 2015
    Barnsley
    Any way of contacting the previous keeper, he may still have them on a shelf somewhere.

10. Dawsy

Dawsy Cumbrian half-wit
    Subscriber

Aug 24, 2018
    Cumbria
    Yorkshireman, could be worth a try. One owner bike so possible.

11. chuk

chuk Senior Member
    Subscriber

Jan 10, 2017
    neilston glasgow
    Motorcycle road and race parts I think site is called,they sell straps rivets baffles badges etc for arrow exhausts,I struggled to find anywhere but they have parts diagrams etc.

• Like Like x 1