More Help With Crash Bars Sorry

Discussion in 'Triumph General Discussion' started by Mal Hastie, Mar 22, 2021.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Mal Hastie

Mal Hastie New Member

Mar 11, 2021
    Chester Cheshire UK
    Hi all I put a message on a couple of weeks ago about needing crash bars or cages for my 2013 speed triple 1050 somebody gave a link to Crazeybars who do them but only for 2016 onwards and am not sure if they would fit apparently the securing points on the frame are the same but they have a joining stegthening bar along the bottom at the front under the oil cooler and they don't know what width my bike would be to make this bar. I found a guy in Japan who wants £470 and to have to cut a semi circular hole in the bottom of the side cowl (faint piece) which I know I'll mess up. Anybody know of anywhere who make them as I explained in my previous message I have a touch of cancer and am really weak and keep dropping my bike. I'm not stopping riding as I need to.
    If not bars big sliders that stick out quite far. Cheers Mal

2. Pegscraper

Pegscraper Elite Member

Jun 12, 2020
    Yorkshire
  3. Mal Hastie

Mal Hastie New Member

Mar 11, 2021
    Chester Cheshire UK
    Yup but I want something that sticks out further I already have the front frame ones cheers Mal

4. Pegscraper

Pegscraper Elite Member

Jun 12, 2020
    Yorkshire
    Are these the bars you have seen from Japan?.......
    https://ssbfactory.com/product/triumph-speed-​​triple-ssb-crash-bars-kit-2011/

Looks like they meet your requirements but they're very expensive for a bit of bent tubing IMO.
    If the Crazeybars use the same mounts but don't quite fit, maybe they could be modded for your bike if they're not ridiculously expensive. If you can't find anything suitable off the shelf then as a last resort, any decent steel fabricator shuld be able to knock you some up but that won't be a cheap option either.

5. Mal Hastie

Mal Hastie New Member

Mar 11, 2021
    Chester Cheshire UK
    Hi yes this is the guy I mentioned in my message and you have to cut a half semi circular hole in the side cowl which I'm not happy about as I think it me it up and their already expensive and to get a panel beater to do it would cost more. Thank you very much for your help cheers Mal