Money For Old Rope.

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Big Sandy, Nov 15, 2019.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Big Sandy

Big Sandy WOOF! WOOF!

Nov 14, 2018
    Fuck off you nosy cunt
    I was reading that New Zealand have introduced introduced a tourist tax, payable individually online by every foreign visitor, without a receipt they won't let you in.

Over 2 million tourists a year will now pay 44 dollars each, about £25. That's 50 million quid.

Now, why can't Britain do that? I read that we have over 35 million visitors a year here in the UK, at £25 each that could raise a cool billion pounds, money that could be used to sort out our piss poor road networks... At least fill the freggin potholes in.

Not that I would trust ANY of our politicians to run it, mind.

Seems NZ are going to use the money to improve tourism facilities...

International Visitor Conservation and Tourism Levy

In a statement, Kevin Davis, tourism minister, New Zealand said: “The IVL is an investment in New Zealand. It is expected to raise over $450 million over five years, funding projects to ensure our country and our people get the best from tourism growth. Our international visitors will be contributing directly to the infrastructure they use and helping to protect the natural places they enjoy"

Good idea!

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 3
  2. Doc Strange

Doc Strange Senior Member

Aug 8, 2019
    UK
    Or they don't call it a 'tax' but make money on the visas.

DS

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Oz228

Oz228 Well-Known Member

Apr 27, 2019
    Inverness
    Edinburgh have been looking at the idea of introducing a tourist tax. They are thinking about adding £2 to the price of hotel rooms.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Big Sandy

Big Sandy WOOF! WOOF!

Nov 14, 2018
    Fuck off you nosy cunt
    Bout time we did too. Best thing is it's nowt to do with anybody voting.... So nobody to argue about it!

Not that I think we could trust the politicos to use it wisely.....

5. stinger

stinger Senior Member

Nov 28, 2017
    Yarnbrook
    When i travelled through Switzerland and found you had to pay a tax to use their motorway network at the border. I didnt think anything of it apart from, what a great idea! Tax all them Polish hauliers that undercut British ones by buying cheap euro diesel and not pay road tax....

• Like Like x 1