Modifying Tec 2 Into 2 Baffle

Discussion in 'Bonneville' started by Ricobanko1977, Sep 11, 2017.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Ricobanko1977

Ricobanko1977 Member

Jul 15, 2017
    Lymington
    Hi guys

Just installed the tec 2 into 2 shorties. The quality is errrrr ok. The welds aren't too bad but the can looks like it's been put together by a first year mech student but I still quite like them. Quick test ride and it sounds really good even with the baffles in however at higher speeds the wind drowns them out. I know you can modify the baffle but am interested to know what people have done to it. Also how much can you remove before you need a remap?

2. Hogster

Hogster Active Member

May 12, 2016
    Devon
    I can't mine half but still to quiet for me I like the straight thru sound, they will hopefully do the job come first mot next May. I did remap though so would not know what you can get away with

3. Ricobanko1977

Ricobanko1977 Member

Jul 15, 2017
    Lymington
    Have you had any issues with the packing coming out. I read that it happens if you don't have the baffle in.

Also how much did you pay for the remap?

4. Hogster

Hogster Active Member

May 12, 2016
    Devon
    Not had anything coming out other than fumes and a throaty roar in 2000 miles.
    Remap was from tunecu whiich I got a link to when I purchased the induction kit from twin Power but I think anyone can download it for free!

5. Mischa Vladivostok

Mischa Vladivostok Well-Known Member

Feb 9, 2015
    Dublin, Ireland
    Which map did you install? Arrows?

6. Hogster

Hogster Active Member

May 12, 2016
    Devon
    Yep it was

• Thanks Thanks x 1