Mixed Brands

Discussion in 'Tyres' started by Streetgirl675, Dec 29, 2019.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Streetgirl675

Streetgirl675 ...otherwise known as Streetgirl765

Dec 19, 2019
    Cheshire
    I have a michelin road pilot 5 on the back and pirelli corsa on the front. Have heard lots of stories about mixing makes. Reason for the mchelin on the back is a puncture on a Sunday far from home and it was the only tyre that I could get at the time ( thanks Laguna Triumph -you saved my bacon!)
    Has anyone had any issues with different makes on their bike?

D4E452F3-4ED1-4D65-8579-1D1FF5D948DB.jpeg

• Like Like x 2
  2. capt

capt Elite Member

May 8, 2016
    western Australia
    No , I've often mixed brand's , I buy whatever is available and we'll priced . I think it wouldn't matter much unless you are on a race track ! Or one tyre was a really nasty chengshin ! Had those on a new 1981 Suzuki , didn't grip in the wet and QLD is very wet in season !

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. dilligaf

dilligaf Guest

Insurance companies could get funny/awkward about mixed brands if you need to make a claim :confused:

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Useful Useful x 1
  4. Callumity

Callumity Elite Member

Feb 25, 2017
    Nr Biggar
    I would doubt it is an issue whereas tyre condition and its speed/size/load rating could be. There is certainly no legal prohibition and I would not worry about it until I needed another new tyre.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. tim8061

tim8061 Member

Dec 28, 2019
    Gloucester
    Be up to them to prove that mixing them caused the problem.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  6. joe mc donald

Subscriber

Dec 26, 2014
    slough / burnham
    Had a few bike with differing makes on. Streetgirl675 I would not worry to much. You will know better than anyone if the tyres are conflicting. But as long as they are good rated tyres just go out and enjoy the ride.
    Happy New Year.
    Joe

• Useful Useful x 1