Missing Air Bypass Tube Assy. On Speed Four

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by Zee1b, Jan 21, 2018.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Zee1b

Zee1b New Member

Jan 21, 2018
    Citrus County, Florida
    Hello,

I purchased a like new 2003 Roulette Green Speed Four with 8,600 miles on it from a buddy of mine (has been sitting for about 3-4 years. I changed the oil and filter, installed fresh fuel and battery and fired it up (only to have one of the fuel tank connectors break/leak fuel. Now I have installed new metal quick disconnect connectors but while I had the tank off I noticed that the Air bypass tube assemblies are all broken apart and sitting on engine case. The question I have is can I simply block these as I would on a carbureted motorcycle? I am new to fuel injection but can see no reason for these being there. Any and all help would be appreciated as I do not want to take the time to put it back together only to tear it down again, Only want to ride :)

Thank's, Chuck

2. stevethegoolie

stevethegoolie Elite Member

Oct 16, 2014
    East Riding of Yorkshire
    Have a look at the schematic at www.worldoftriumph.com in the 'parts' section for the Speed Four. Having never delved into the workings of the S4, my knowledge is total, and probably will always be so.
    From what I could see, assuming I was looking at the right section, the pipes seem to go nowhere in particular and just vent into the atmosphere. Perhaps that is all they are meant to do. Are they (un)necessary? At least they seem to be available if needed.
    Hopefully someone hereabouts will have the answer for you. I can only guess! The schematics on the WoT website can be very useful though!

• Like Like x 1