Sprint Misfire At 2k Rpm Static Throttle

Discussion in 'Sprint & Trophy' started by Flashp, May 16, 2019.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Flashp

Flashp Noble Member

Dec 6, 2017
    Hants
    On my commute I go through a 20mph zone and this gave me an opportunity to notice something that's gone unnoticed till now. At around 2k I notice what I think maybe a misfire which sounds very much like what's being demonstrated in this video https://binged.it/2YsQmII

I've recently done some work on the bike which included the following which may be relevant:
    • Throttle body balance
    • Plug change
    • Standard air filter fitted (Pipercross removed)
    • Throttle cable replaced
    • IAC valve/stepper motor replaced
    • Several vacuum leaks repaired
    • Barometric pressure hose leak repaired
    I've not ruled out checking the work I've done but having it in mind may give me a steer towards what could be worth looking at. Coilpacks for example?

I've ordered an OBD cable and plan to check for fault codes. The bike had a Pipercross filter fitted when I got it, could that mean that a map adjustment was done by the previous owner?

Any advice on where to start and how best to use Tune ECU for this gratefully received.

2. Flashp

Flashp Noble Member

Dec 6, 2017
    Hants
    Yes, you could! :laughing: 2001 Sprint ST.

3. Flashp

Flashp Noble Member

Dec 6, 2017
    Hants
    That'd be very helpful, thanks. I happen to have it with me: SMTTF600MH1129339.

4. Flashp

Flashp Noble Member

Dec 6, 2017
    Hants
    I'll message you with my email address if I may. I think the third option is for me as I've no catalyst and have a standard exhaust. Thanks again ;)

5. Flashp

Flashp Noble Member

Dec 6, 2017
    Hants
    Just thought I'd let you know bike is running fine now. I loaded the standard map and did a TPS reset. Thanks again for your help ;)

• Like Like x 3