Sprint GT Mirror Tightening

Discussion in 'Sprint & Trophy' started by Granteee, Dec 11, 2017.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Granteee

Granteee New Member

Dec 10, 2017
    Cupar, Fife
    HI guys

Anyone with a Sprint GT managed to tighten their mirrors?
    I'd read before I bought this one that it's an issue.
    Now I have it, yes I'd like t tighten them!!! I don't plan on folding them in too often but may still need that functionality

Cheers guys

2. trudd

trudd Member

Oct 13, 2014
    As far as I know the later model ST (and therefore GT) has a threaded bar and nut so you can simply tighten the nut. Take the mirror off and you should see the nut.

3. Sprinter

Sprinter Kinigit

Aug 17, 2014
    uk
    Do you mean the glass in the mirror or the leg/steam? I removed and replaced the indicator lens in one of mine last year, I only really remember it was straight forward, biggest job was accessing it,you need to remove windscreen and trim and dislodge the clocks, after that its easy.If thats you in the avatar you should have no problem

4. Granteee

Granteee New Member

Dec 10, 2017
    Cupar, Fife
    That IS me in the Avatar. However.....I was not Aircrew. I was Groundcrew and got a lucky couple of flights. If I was Aircrew, I'd need someone to explain what 'Lefty Losey and Righty Tighty' meant! :neutral:
    It's the legs of the mirrors that are a bit wobbly, so could do with nipping it up. As us groundcrew used to say, do it up to two white knuckles ;)

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  5. Granteee

Granteee New Member

Dec 10, 2017
    Cupar, Fife
    Just got stuck in to it, and like you say trudd & Sprinter, it's a nut inside the root of the arm. But by feck is it difficult to get a spanner on and tighten!
    There is an SMALL access panel, under the arm, so you don't need to take the mirror off, but that's even more inaccessible with a spanner once off!!!

6. Mpgscott

Mpgscott Well-Known Member

Mar 1, 2018
    Inverness
    Hi folks, so is there an access panel that means you dont need to take the mirrors off the bike to do this? Anyone got pics of the process?

Thanks

7. Mpgscott

Mpgscott Well-Known Member

Mar 1, 2018
    Inverness
    My mirror has been worked on the past as i removed the unit yesterday and found that its had about 6 washers fitted then attempted to tighten the nut against these and its slacked off again over time.

Since im not fussed about them folding and just want it to be solid i simply split a few more washers and fitted them over the cable via the slit i had put on the washer then tighten up, job done nice and solid albeit not able to fold the mirror but im not fussed.

• Like Like x 1