Featured Mileage And Mileage

Discussion in 'Bonneville' started by Timothy Peters, Sep 26, 2020.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Timothy Peters

Timothy Peters Senior Member

Nov 3, 2019
    Palatine, IL USA
    Today was two mileage highlights. The odometer showed 4793 miles when I left the driveway this morning. Headed from Palatine, IL to my buddies in Mundelein, IL. From there out to Richmond, IL, backroads through Lake Geneva, WI, up to East Troy, WI ( Home of Buell Motorcycles, which my buddy rides). Headed SE to Elkhorn, WI, up to Whitewater, WI, East to Palmyra, WI. My buddy stopped for gas. South to Muckwanago, WI, back West and a ride around Lake Geneva and back to Mundelein, IL and then home to Palatine, IL.

241 miles later I broke the 5000 mile mark on the Speed Twin and road 179.1 miles without putting gas in the tank. When I filled up on my way home it only took 3.3 gallons so had another 1/2 gallon in the tank?

Weather was great, 75 degrees, blue sky's and little wind. Probably the last nice riding day of the year and it delivered a great ride.

• Like Like x 15
  2. Hobnail

Hobnail Senior Member

Jan 4, 2020
    USA
    Swell trip.
    When I lived in East Chicago, Elkhorn / East Troy was a skiing destination for us at Alpine Valley. I haven't been around Lake Geneva for years. How are the roads? I don't get out that way generally. Just a yearly pilgrimage to Road America at Elkhart Lake, which is more north.

Sounds like you really enjoyed the ride. A nice weekend, here, as you say a bit drafty. The skies were obscured by the California and Oregon forest fire particulate, casting a unnatural orangey glow to Iowa. We are in harvest, for beans anyway, and much dust in the air. Lots of farm equipment activity on the lanes with the grain transport semis roaring everywhere. A good measure of caution is recommended, as these boys are moving remarkably fast.

Any images?

• Like Like x 3
  3. Timothy Peters

Timothy Peters Senior Member

Nov 3, 2019
    Palatine, IL USA
    Roads in Wisconsin are good, when compared to Illinois and the Kettle Moraine area has some good twisty sections. Snowboarded and raced Mtn bikes at Alpine Valley in the WORS series. We go to R/A for the Indycar races. No images, didn't stop long enough. Only time we weren't moving was when my buddy stopped and got gas. No way I could do that kind of mileage without the Corbin saddle.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Hobnail

Hobnail Senior Member

Jan 4, 2020
    USA
    If you venture my westerly direction, perhaps meet for a coffee and twist o' the throttle. I like the territory around Monroe and Mt Horab. Or Potosi, National Brewers Museum. Outstanding place.

IMG03630-20150706-1315.jpg

• Like Like x 1