Michelin Road 5's

Discussion in 'Tyres' started by mark scarrott, May 22, 2019.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. mark scarrott

mark scarrott Well-Known Member

Mar 23, 2015
    burntwood
    Hi All

Changes my Pirelli corsas for the new Road 5's and I must say they are "FAB".

Profile of the tyre seems shallower on the curve so bike is a little lower so both feet on the floor fantastic.

Cornering and handling seem so much better though I don't know why and confidence is at a high.

£300.00 but worth every penny,just hope I get more than 3500 miles on these.

Oh and £30.00 back from Michelin so really happy.

Mark

• Useful Useful x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  2. Tommyj

Tommyj New Member

May 2, 2019
    Toronto Canada
    I've heard that the Road 5's last quite a bit longer than the Corsa's. That's what I'm going with on my Street Triple when the time comes.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. thebiglad

thebiglad Old fart, still riding !

Sep 25, 2013
    Central France
    Hi Mark, I've got Road 5's on my Tracer and they are "FAB" too ! Done 9600 kms and there is still loads of tread left. Good in all conditions and wear evenly so back tyre is keeping it's smooth curved profile.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Sandi T

Sandi T It's ride o'clock somewhere!
    Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    #4 Sandi T, Nov 9, 2021
    Last edited: Nov 9, 2021
    I'm resurrecting this thread to see what other information and comments folks here may have about the Michelin Road 5's. I was at my local Triumph dealership recently and the service manager v-e-r-y highly recommended them. I have a 2019 Speed Triple RS and probably have about 2K left on my stock tires but figured it's never too soon to start researching.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Ducatitotriumph

Ducatitotriumph Crème de la Crème

Apr 25, 2019
    Rothwell
    Hi there @Sandi T I have these on mine and they are brilliant tbh. Mileage is great, wet weather (maybe not your main concern where you are!) handling and confidence is great and mileage is great also. 7k out of the front (5 rear) and just a great tyre. Definitely recommend and for me, a definite upgrade on the original tyres for real world riding.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  6. learningtofly

learningtofly He’s not the Messiah, he’s a very naughty boy!
    Subscriber

Sep 25, 2018
    Hertfordshire
    I've had them on two bikes, @Sandi T (the last being my Thruxton R), and they're absolutely faultless. I can't think of a better road tyre, and will have a decision to make when I need new rubber on the Tiger; I fancy trying something dual-purpose but may not be able to resist!

• Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Oldskool

Oldskool Elite Member

Jan 29, 2019
    Hertfordshire
    I’ve got the same decision Sandi, mine are worn out now as well. I’ve enjoyed the Corsa’s that were the stock tyre but want a more all round tyre. Road 5’s may be the answer…

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  8. Tallpaul

Tallpaul Noble Member

Apr 7, 2019
    Kidderminster
    I've used Road 5 on 3 of my bikes and found them excellent in all conditions. Also consider Metzeler Roadtech 01...................

• Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  9. Vulpes

Vulpes Confused Member

Mar 14, 2018
    Netherlands
    I've got them fitted for the second time last year. The first set I got 12K (kilometres) on the front and 10K on the rear. Like already said - great handling and confidence inspiring, both dry and wet.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  10. Sandi T

Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    Wow, there's certainly consensus that the Road 5's are awesome! Thanks for the overall assessment along with some specific detailsl. Thanks to each of you--@Ducatitotriumph, @learningtofly, @Oldskool, @Tallpaul, and @Vulpes. I appreciate your feedback. :kissing_heart: This will certainly make one of life's many decisions an easy one when the time comes to get new tires for Speedy. :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. Wessa

Wessa Cruising

Apr 27, 2016
    North West England
    Hi @Sandi T I put road 4's on my tiger a few weeks ago. My first impression are that they are a really good tyre. They were cheaper that the 5's and according to the dealer almost as good performance, but with a better wear lifespan. Just thought I would throw that in :):)

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  12. andypandy

andypandy Crème de la Crème

Jan 10, 2016
    Shaw
    My PR4's on my 700 Tracer have done 8,000 miles and there's plenty of tread left yet. They are very good in the wet too. I would imagine they should be good for about 12,000 miles but then the 700 Tracer is no heavyweight.

• Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. Adie P

Adie P Crème de la Crème

Jul 7, 2018
    MID DEVON
    • Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. Abirnie

Abirnie Well-Known Member

Oct 31, 2020
    Ontario, Canada
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
  15. Moe

Moe Senior Member

Jun 10, 2015
    Colchester
    Another raver for the road 5s, had first set on my tuono, now on my second. 6k on the first.

• Like Like x 2
    • Useful Useful x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. Jage

Jage Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2021
    Cork, Ireland
    Well let’s see how they go

FACD50EE-3893-4BA2-B337-3099E903C00F.jpeg

604E6371-2F6F-4AF0-BCEF-6F047CE46514.jpeg

• Like Like x 6
  17. The Ninja came with the factory's Bridgestoners. I didn't evaluate them, just bought the bike (used) while working out of town. Was a little disappointed with the bike's hesitancy to turn in and keep a line.
    Wore those out and needed new for trek home. Road 5's completely upgraded the handling!
    I would surely flatten the soft Corsas on the street, so I'm having the dealer install a pair of 5's today on my 765 before pick up.
    Funny thing, the service guy asked if I wanted to keep the Corsas with less than 800 miles! I said that was the whole point, to keep them for track-days.
    Fortunately, this wonderful track is 90 minutes away: Virginia International Raceway (virnow.com)

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. Sandi T

Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    Thanks for the feedback on the Road 5's, @Tripler. That looks like a great track. I love the "The & Now" video. Wow! What a difference.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. I hadn't seen that video, but heard how it was abandoned for years, thanks, just watched it.
    Picked up my Moto2 yesterday and had no time to ride beyond the 11mile ride home. When I finish my work today, I'll scrub-in the 5's. They felt fantastic on the Triumph. So glad I accidentally saw it in the showroom and nabbed it!! Never rode anything this agile

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. Got to ride it hard today and yowza I love it!
    The Pilot 5's will not let you down, pun intended!!

• Agree Agree x 1