Tiger Explorer Michelin Road 5's

Discussion in 'Tiger / Explorer' started by cordyk, May 16, 2019.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. cordyk

cordyk New Member

Feb 7, 2019
    Suffolk
    G'day you fine fettle of folk!

Anybody used Michelin Road 5's on their 1200 Tiger's yet?
    I have been using the 4's on other bikes for the last few years and bloody love'em so naturally thinking of getting the latest ones on the wee beastie, the 'trail' version i believe?

Any thoughts people?

2. Steve Marlow

Steve Marlow Member

Feb 17, 2018
    Northamptonshire
    I've used the 5's on my 1200 for the last 3 months and am really impressed!
    Fantastic grip, even in wet weather. Really inspiring!!

3. In my own world

In my own world Senior Member

Dec 22, 2018
    West Sussex
    Try the Metzeler racetec 01. The wet weather grip is fantastic. My rear needs changing now at 7500 miles and the front should last the miles of the new rear tyre. I've used these tyres since they came out and won't be changing them any other make until a better tyre comes out.

4. thebiglad

thebiglad Old fart, still riding !

Sep 25, 2013
    Central France
    I have 5's on my Tracer from new. Great tyres, good grip in all conditions, done 9500 kms and loads left. The way they wear is good too because they don't wear flat in the middle on the back, they've kept their smooth round shape, so still corners with great confidence.

• Like Like x 1
  5. cordyk

cordyk New Member

Feb 7, 2019
    Suffolk
    Gone for the Road 5 Trail's chaps, £232 for the pair is a decent price from thevisorshop.com. Will let you know how it all goes, as i loved the 4's and these are meant to be still as good as a brand new set of 4's after 3000mls of use!!!

• Like Like x 1
  6. Dougie D

Dougie D Crème de la Crème

Jan 30, 2016
    Blairgowrie Perthshire
    i got my road 5s from the visorshop too,cheapest by quite a bit:)

7. cordyk

cordyk New Member

Feb 7, 2019
    Suffolk
    Well got them fitted last week and today was the first chance of a dry day for scrubbing in(poxy weather)!
    Always loved the 4’s so was not surprised to love these also, man these are great tyres. The confidence the grip gives you is second to none and so responsive under heavy braking its ridiculous!
    The Tiger gets a lot of bad press about being a top heavy big ol’gal, but if you ride her like a sports bike she can still do a decent job on the twisties, I was off the seat with knee down and grinning like a Cheshire Cat...awesome fun.
    This is my first adventure bike and I am loving it more each time I go out, now with the new boots on it the handling has improved and it such a blast, love the growl from that engine when she is wound on.
    All in all top marks from me for the road 5’s, made me love Dora the explorer even more:)

8. David Gower

David Gower Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2019
    Warminster, Wiltshire, Uk
    Apart from cordyk, has everyone gone for the Road 5 Trail ???

or just Road 5's.