Metzeler Racetec Rr K3

Discussion in 'Tyres' started by dav.a, Mar 2, 2022.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. dav.a

dav.a Well-Known Member

Jul 29, 2018
    Argyll
    My replacement front tyre has arrived. Direct replacement because the rear still has like left in it, the front has worn on the edges to the wear indicators after only 1200 miles. Anyway I was taken aback by the attached "Technical Advice" sticker, photo of which is included in this post.

Basically it seems to avoid damage to the special rubber compounds it should be stored above 5 degrees Celsius ! No chance of that happening in my garage over the winter. It also states that prior to removal or fitting it should be stored in a controlled environment at a minimum temperature of 20 degrees Celsius for at least 24 hours. I wonder how many motorcycle tyre outlets do this ?

Once this set are done I have a pair of Metzeler Sportec RR M9s to go on. No such advice so straight forward !!

20220301_151212.jpg

2. tcbandituk

Subscriber

Apr 8, 2016
    Reading
    Not too surprising, considering they're sold as Roadrace tyres.
    If you want winter tyres, avoid anything with RR in the name! ;)

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  3. Greywolf55

Greywolf55 Noble Member

Oct 4, 2019
    Duluth ,Ga
    I made the switch to the M9's from K3's 2000 miles ago. I regret it. I just replaced the stock Pirelli Rosso III's on my Ducati 950 with the Corsa II's which are equivalent to the K3's . ( Pirelli owns Metzeler, but Metzeler builds the motorcycle tires ..or so is reported) The M9 and Rosso III's are VERY similar and are decent all around , however the K3 / Corsa II's which are also VERY similar is what I'll be using on the bikes from here out. They handle as cold as I want to ride , in the rain ..just fine and in the dry they ride smoother and corner much better for me.

• Useful Useful x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Iceman

Iceman Crème de la Crème

Apr 19, 2020
    Lancashire
    Hi Greywolf, like you I run Metzler Racetech RRs or Supercorsa's, both handle good in the wet and cold conditions, people often criticise the poor wet weather grip and site all sorts of nonsense, what some tend to forget is that all riders on public roads are not running the same pace as when racing on the closed roads (TT - S100 - NW200 - Etc Etc). Anyone who has watched say the S100 when it rains (and yes the races run in wet conditions as the helicopter if needed can get to any part of the circuit), the riders are still full on running RRs in the wet. You just have to ride to whatever conditions you are faced with on our public highways.

• Like Like x 1