Metal / Cnc Brake Reserviors Upgraded!

Discussion in 'Speed Triple' started by Alom, Sep 26, 2022.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Alom

Alom Member

Apr 2, 2022
    New Zealand
    I don't like the front/rear plastic brake reservoirs. Tried to search online for upgrading them to CNC. But I was told the front one was EOL. Finally ordered a set of CNC reservoirs even a sales told me the front reservoir wouldn't fit my bike.

Wait for couple of weeks, received new reservoirs. easy to install and finish bleeding. but I forgot to bleed the ABS. not sure if it's ok. just worry about if the ABS stops working. no idea how to check if they work well. anyway, will order software to bleed them.

1.jpg 2.jpg 3.jpg 4.jpg 5.jpg 6.jpg

• Like Like x 4
  2. Gitter

Gitter Member

Jan 12, 2021
    Napa, California
    Looks good. As far as bleeding the ABS, do the brakes feel any different? I don't think you should have to bleed it just for swapping out the reservoirs.

Every time I've done it, I just had to bleed the rubber hose between the master cylinder and the reservoirs. Unless you squeezed the brake lever (or pedal down) before you bled the rubber hose, you should be good.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Alom

Alom Member

Apr 2, 2022
    New Zealand
    thank you for the post.

just back from the dealer workshop. I was told everything is ok after they did road testing. anyway, I will test active the front and rear abs when the weather gets better.

4. komp

komp Member

Sep 10, 2019
    essex
    i also looked into replacing, but like you found to be discontinued?
    so did you just find some available or did you order model for a different bike?

5. Ducatitotriumph

Ducatitotriumph Crème de la Crème

Apr 25, 2019
    Rothwell