Featured Sprint GT Meet The Bitch

Discussion in 'Sprint & Trophy' started by Rocket, Oct 31, 2018.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Rocket

Rocket Well-Known Member

Oct 29, 2018
    Connecticut
    Well my wait is over, and the bitch is here. I traded in a 2008 streetglide for this bike, A 2011 triumph sprint gt. Nothing wrong so far....only been 5 miles since ownership......tomorrow will be a tank emptying event,I'm sure.
    I need few things, owners manual for one and an elusive 12 v outlet I'm told exists.....sadly no heated grips.
    but without further adieu the only pix so far

IMG_0150.jpg
    IMG_0151.jpg

• Like Like x 12
  2. Sprinter

Sprinter Kinigit

Aug 17, 2014
    uk
    Beautiful.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  3. Sprinter

Sprinter Kinigit

Aug 17, 2014
    uk
    #3 Sprinter, Oct 31, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 31, 2018
    When you get your manual check the rear hub.They have a habit of seizing if not regularly maintained.Check " Bowl of Mice" web site. Also diagnostic is in right hand glove and power point under seat at back

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  4. Rocket

Rocket Well-Known Member

Oct 29, 2018
    Connecticut
    Aye, I'll look for the power point.....I saw a y/t same year bike had it in the top box.....I'll see if there is a connection of sorts, 2nd the glove box, after th cover is unlocked there was nothing in there but the tool pouch....does the glove box lift out? The hub? I thought it was a bearing back there?

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Rocket

Rocket Well-Known Member

Oct 29, 2018
    Connecticut
    I gather the hub needs serviced every 12,ooo miles??

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Sprinter

Sprinter Kinigit

Aug 17, 2014
    uk
    It fits tightly against the back of the glove box. The hub can need greased before that, it rotates when you adjust the chain and can stick. Power point in back box comes from under the seat.

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. Gary_P

Gary_P Active Member

May 19, 2016
    North Yorkshire
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  8. Rocket

Rocket Well-Known Member

Oct 29, 2018
    Connecticut
    A couple updates....1st My Wife made copies of the owners manual..126 pages....2nd I installed LED headlamps...low beams only 'til I can get a single high beam....any one know if it is the same as the low beam bulbs.....I didn't look in the manual yet........
    here's a link of the bulbs I installed fit perfectly!!!totally plug an play!!
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/Pair-H7-98...e/391955349615?ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trk

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Blacktruck

Blacktruck Member

Aug 19, 2018
    Texarkana, TX
    Nice looking bike you have. Heated grips are a good thing. Keep us posted on the journey of Triumph ownership.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Iron_Horse

Iron_Horse New Member

Nov 5, 2018
    Surrey, UK
    #10 Iron_Horse, Nov 5, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 5, 2018
    Standard "cigarette lighter" type power point inside the topbox. On mine, there's a small triumph accessory powerpoint tucked behind the fairing by your left knee - but it's not a standard size, (I think its a Hella DIN) so unless you want to buy a special plug "available at your triumph dealership" then it's pretty pointless.
    Heated grips defo worth the investment.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Rocket

Rocket Well-Known Member

Oct 29, 2018
    Connecticut
    I saw a lead,for lack of a better term, under the seat....but nothing that looks like it connects to a ''top box'' I don't have that,just the side panniers....there is a conduit of sorts that was in the glove box , I tucked that into the faring.....didn't see anything remotely like a plug on the left side yet....led headlamp up grade, so I had the left panel off actually.....can you get a pic of it? @ https://www.thetriumphforum.com/members/iron_horse.12126/

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Iron_Horse

Iron_Horse New Member

Nov 5, 2018
    Surrey, UK
    Sure... I'll send a pic, but sounds like you don't have it. The conduit in the glove box is for diagnostics... plugs into the workshop computer. There should be a little plastic tab at the top of the glove box to sit it on and keep it clean. (By the way, the glove box is NOT waterproof.)
    You're going to love that bike

• Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. Rocket

Rocket Well-Known Member

Oct 29, 2018
    Connecticut
    yeah ,its not there prolly better off inside the faring, next time I'm in there I'll get a exceptable cover for it.....thanks for the heads up.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Munchen

Munchen Well-Known Member

Oct 1, 2018
    Germany
    A very handsome looking bike, I'd quite like to get one of those myself when I eventually chop in my VFR.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Rich Bryce

Rich Bryce Dead Eye Dick

Sep 18, 2015
    Bedford
    Nice pristine looking bike buddy.

You probably know all this, but if only 5 miles on the clock then it's likely never had it's 500 mile service so oil and filter change needed before too long. Brake fluid should be changed every two years regardless of mileage and coolant every three (it'll acidify). Check the tyres aka tires for flat spots, but after this long unridden I'd be thinking of replacing them anyway.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Rocket

Rocket Well-Known Member

Oct 29, 2018
    Connecticut
    no she has 7000 on the clock,lol it was just the first 5 miles I had from the dealer.....it's all good, thanks.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Rich Bryce

Rich Bryce Dead Eye Dick

Sep 18, 2015
    Bedford
    Ah, gotya.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Rocket

Rocket Well-Known Member

Oct 29, 2018
    Connecticut
    just added dryer sheets to the mid frame ,cockpit....wiring....wire eating varmints hate the stuff.......

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. Big Sandy

Big Sandy WOOF! WOOF!

Nov 14, 2018
    Fuck off you nosy cunt
    As in tumble dryer sheets? That's interesting.... Must give that a shot.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. Rocket

Rocket Well-Known Member

Oct 29, 2018
    Connecticut
    yup,tumble dryer sheets.....don't matter the brand.

• Useful Useful x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1