Featured Speedmaster Meet Nudger

Discussion in 'America, Speedmaster & Rocket' started by dilligaf, Jul 6, 2018.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Sprinter

Sprinter Kinigit

Aug 17, 2014
    uk
    Is Nudger of Red Indian decent?
    Does he not like his image being captured
    . One ffing photo, is all we get, after false starts with trailers, and build ups that would shame the pre World Cup show.
    One photo.
    Your sure?
    :)

2. dilligaf

dilligaf Guest

@Sprinter :confused: not much else I can show you mate :confused:
    At the moment NUDGER is totally standard and only got 9miles on the clock :eek:
    Only thing I’ve done with him is fill the tank on the way home ready for Thursdays trip to the GMU :)
    When we meet up at Carlisle you can meet NUDGER in person :cool: and feast your eyes on him:p
    Today I’ll be busy in the garage getting to know him and giving him the once over
    I know he’s been through a PDI but for my own peace of mind I’ll be checking all the important bits before I take him out on the road for his first big adventure on Thursday :cool:
    I’ve got 3 days at work to try and fabricate a rack so that I can use my super stylish and sexy top box for the GMU :grinning:
    Gonna make it so it’s where the pillion seat is like I did with my BPOS:p
    Got some ACF50 so he’s gonna get smothered in that :)
    And I’m gonna try the mirrors that I took off my BPOS and see how they look/work just to be a little bit different :cool:

• Like Like x 2
  3. Sprinter

Sprinter Kinigit

Aug 17, 2014
    uk
  4. dilligaf

dilligaf Guest

Yeah I’ll be bringing some bits and pieces :)

5. Vulpes

Vulpes Confused Member

Mar 14, 2018
    Netherlands
    Absolutely gorgeous. Many safe miles! :cool:

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  6. Monkeyjoe

Monkeyjoe Active Member

Feb 16, 2014
    Ayrshire
    Love it...

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  7. ChrisB

ChrisB New Member

Jul 14, 2018
    Kent
    Very nice mate and as you say the right colour, a pleasant shade of black...

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. SethAddington

SethAddington Well-Known Member

Jun 29, 2018
    Cleveland, OH
    Great lookin ride!

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  9. Dartplayer

Dartplayer Crème de la Crème

Aug 8, 2018
    New Zealand
    Nice Dilli, and I see you have added a towbar for the trailer.
    I have loved this model from the get go and so happy to see other likeminded souls

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. dilligaf

dilligaf Guest

Cheers @Dartplayer :)
    Very very happy with NUDGER so far :cool:

11. Billy the giant

Jun 6, 2017
    Leeds
    Well. Watched this thread for a while. Finally made the jump and traded my Rocket 111 for a 2018 speedmaster. Great service from Triumph York. Had the bike for a week now, done 1000 miles all over lakes and round about. Oh dear! How I miss my rocket. Speed, torque, comfort, handling and the list goes on. Had my rocket for about 5 years and loved it, just getting a bit heavy to lug around, into garage etc.
    I will crack on with the speedmaster, but think I have dropped a clanger.

12. Rich Bryce

Rich Bryce Dead Eye Dick

Sep 18, 2015
    Bedford
    Let's hope you grow in to it mate. I've ridden both and overall I prefer the Speedmaster for its fit, but for taller chaps I can understand why the Rocket would appeal and be a gas with all that extra power across the full range.

13. dilligaf

dilligaf Guest

:(Oh dear :( sorry to hear that mate :confused:
    I do think though that after the Rocket you’re gonna struggle for a while to settle into any bike :( especially after five years of happy riding :)
    Very little or nothing in the market that can compare with a Rocket :eek:
    Had my Fazer1000 for over 7yrs before I chopped it in for my BPOS (09 Speedmaster) and it was a massive shock :eek:
    Pin sharp handling and blistering acceleration :grinning: replaced by wobbly and sluggish steering :sob: poor fuelling and heavy weight along with no confidence in corners :scream:
    This though is the type of bike that suits me at my age and is easier to ride and more comfortable for my aches and pains :confounded:
    The Rocket for me would be too heavy and just not practical :confused:
    NUDGER is such a massive improvement over my BPOS and I just had to have it :cool:
    Hope you get to like your new Speedmaster :)
    If not then I’m afraid it’s back to the dealer for you :eek: hopefully not :p

• Like Like x 3
  14. Wessa

Wessa Cruising

Apr 27, 2016
    North West England
    I agree with Dilli, coming of a bike like a rocket will be difficult to replace the power, speed etc..... I hope you do get it on with speedmaster as it is a cracking bike. My compromise was to keep my thunderbird LT which is such a different ride to the speedmaster. Stick with it mate.
    Wessa

• Like Like x 2
  15. joe mc donald

Subscriber

Dec 26, 2014
    slough / burnham
    Dilligaf.
    Nice one. Would have been Blue.
    Enjoy
    Joe

• Like Like x 2
  16. Billy the giant

Jun 6, 2017
    Leeds
    Cheers Wessa. I will be sticking with it, got to get used to it really. I think I’m just so used to the sheer grunt in any gear. Before the rocket I had a Harley V rod, loved it! But started to have problems mechanically, so nipped it in the bud and bought something I thought would match it in power and grunt. How wrong I was, the rocket blew it out of the water in every way. I fell in love with the rocket, but after a new hip I was struggling to manage it at slow speeds and moving it around my garage. Don’t get me wrong I love the way the speedmaster looks, that’s what pushed me in it’s direction. I test rode it before I purchased, and liked it very much, just a few more miles on it and was starting to miss the big bugger. Never mind, time will tell.

• Like Like x 2
  17. stevethegoolie

stevethegoolie Elite Member

Oct 16, 2014
    East Riding of Yorkshire
    I used to have a Daytona 955i CE alongside my Trident 900 a few years ago. Swapping back to the Trident after a few rides on the Daytona meant that overtaking, in particular, had to be treated with a little caution, even though the Trident goes very well. But circa 50% more power and less weight makes quite a difference to performance an handling etc.:eek:
    You will get used to it - I hardly miss my Daytona nowadays.o_O
    Oh feck!! Who am I kidding??:scream:

SIGH!:rolleyes:

• Like Like x 3
  18. jimhoy

jimhoy New Member

Mar 11, 2019
    Southern Ohio
    Beautiful:heart_eyes:

• Agree Agree x 2