Featured Maybe A Stupid Thread But Got To Say It.

Discussion in 'Triumph General Discussion' started by joe mc donald, Apr 23, 2020.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. joe mc donald

Subscriber

Dec 26, 2014
    slough / burnham
    Peeps this is not something I have ever done. But old buffoon Boris said we are fighting a war. So why isn't there a memorial garden or similar for our well my hero's to say these people died fighting for me and my family. I don't know much about starting a way to get this recognised or not so anyone with know how please help me out. I am sending this mail to all the clubs I associate with.
    Regards Stay safe
    Joe.

• Like Like x 10
  2. freck

freck Elite Member

May 4, 2017
    Preston, Lancs, UK
    I believe there’s already a campaign been started to erect a memorial for key workers who’ve sadly passed away through this crisis. There was a piece on the news about it last night Joe

• Like Like x 9
  3. joe mc donald

Subscriber

Dec 26, 2014
    slough / burnham
    Freck.
    Thanks for that. Well I have just emailed everyone starting from the royal family right down to my family and friends to help it along. I never felt so strongly about something so much. You know I was at work at eight tonight but still went out to clap didn't care about my job. It came to me buffoon Boris can spout of about the war we are fighting well were is his words for the fallen in that war after all they saved his fat ass. Call me stupid if you wish but I can't help this.
    Regards
    Joe.

• Like Like x 8
    • Love You Love You x 2
  4. TEZ 217

TEZ 217 Crème de la Crème

Mar 6, 2016
    south shields
    Get where your coming from on this joe, I think this will and should happen for sure, but also being realistic we have to first win the war !!! :heart:

• Agree Agree x 8
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Avinarant

Avinarant Well-Known Member

Aug 19, 2017
    Leeds
    Exfooooookinzactly!!!!! far too early for this jibba yet!!!!!!

• Agree Agree x 4
  6. Repooh

Repooh Rarely Satisfied

Jan 5, 2018
    Stabby Town
    Joe, there are a number of Facebook groups planning national rides to thank and raise funds

7. Easy Tiger

Easy Tiger Elite Member

Jan 2, 2020
    Wirral England
    VOTE BREXIT Oh! We did.

• Funny Funny x 4
  8. johne

johne Standing on the shoulders of dwarves.

Jan 16, 2020
    Where the Wolds meet the sea
    I'm pretty sure there will be memorials erected to commemorate the front line workers who have died (and are dying) but just like a war memorial I suspect this will be done after the pandemic has ended. Nice sentiment Joe.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Callumity

Callumity Elite Member

Feb 25, 2017
    Nr Biggar
    Keeping it contentious.......

Can we please separate all of our care staff (clinicians and support) from the institution of the NHS? I cannot understand (I can!) how it has become such a Holy Cow and object of bizarre worship. The Italians are not clapping and cheering their ‘NHS’ but their health workers.

The true test of a health system is:

A) what it costs
    B) its results/outcomes

By international measures the NHS is expensive and inefficient. The French and German models are marginally more expensive (but we tend not to include private health expenditure in our figures) and far more responsive to patient needs. Waiting lists?

And let’s not forget most of our elderly care already IS privately provided and the Care Quality Commission reports consistently has the publicly run homes at the bottom end of performance.

OK we were maybe the first with State funded healthcare in 1948 (created in various steps from 1909 and agreed under a wartime Conservative lead National Government whatever Labour would have us believe)
    BUT
    there is no way we would create anything like it today. It has all the classic problems of a nationalised industry with endemic political interference and bureaucracy inhibiting clinical outputs.

The PPE farce/scandal is the Government trying to avoid being on the hook for its predecessor’s and NHS failures to fund a stockpile. It clearly never existed except in name and the whole house of cards was built on just in time from China. Great and cheap until you have a pandemic.

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Don the Don

Don the Don Bigger Than The Average Bear

Nov 5, 2019
    MORAY UK
    Joe you continue your cause and keep us informed on its progress and I hope you have success with all our help take care mate

• Like Like x 4
  11. I agree with your post, but as you are asking the question it seemed inevitable after the political comment in the initial post. Best think twice before introducing politics that has no bearing on the subject matter.

• Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1