Maxxis Tyres

Discussion in 'Tyres' started by In my own world, Jul 31, 2019.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. In my own world

In my own world Senior Member

Dec 22, 2018
    West Sussex
    Has anyone tried Maxxis tyres?. The sports/ tourer tyre looks interesting and the reviews are favourable for dry and wet handling. They seem to have factories all over the world inc Germany. They say the tyre took 5 years to develop. Compared to my Metz Roadtec 01 they are cheap as chips. But ive always said with tyres, you get what you pay for.

2. freck

freck Elite Member

May 4, 2017
    Preston, Lancs, UK
    I’ve had them on my old Trophy and they were fine. They were a bit hard but that meant good mileage.
    I believe the ones with the diamond pattern tread (more sporty ones) are great for the money.
    I’ve got a few friends with sports bikes who’ve rated them pretty highly.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Yorkshireman

Yorkshireman Crème de la Crème

Dec 12, 2015
    Barnsley
    I've used a couple of sets on my VFR and found em ok. Good enough in the dry to drag the pegs on a track day and safe enough in the wet. As for mileage I think the Roadtec lasted longer.

• Like Like x 1
  4. In my own world

In my own world Senior Member

Dec 22, 2018
    West Sussex
    I know of Nankang tyres as one of my sons had them fitted to his Fiesta RS. He liked them as well but became had to source locally.
    I remember Maxxis were called IRC something like Chein kein tyres. Most bikes C50/90 and others mopeds in the 70/80s had then fitted as standard.

5. MrOrange

MrOrange Guest

Run Maxxis knobbies on my KTM, front tyre is way more secure in the wet than the Michelin was. And there are lasting well, not that I do many miles, but knobbies do wear heavily if used on road.

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  6. chuk

chuk Senior Member
    Subscriber

Jan 10, 2017
    neilston glasgow
    I ran Nankang ns2 on my old 330d bmw decent for the money as 255/35/18 fecking dear tyres

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Baldrick174

Baldrick174 Active Member

Sep 22, 2019
    Boscastle, Cornwall
    I have a set on my '96 Fireblade and find them a great tyre. Done 1500 miles on them so far and no sign of wear yet.