March 2017 copy of Bike magazine

Discussion in 'Wanted' started by dickydido, Mar 24, 2017.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. dickydido

dickydido Senior Member

Nov 3, 2016
    Wiltshire
    Has anybody got a copy of the March 2017 Bike magazine they would sell and send me please?

Cheers,

dickydido

2. Tricolore

Tricolore Active Member

Jun 24, 2016
    Midlands
    • Like Like x 1
  3. MrOrange

MrOrange Guest

That's because he saves all his bike magazines, they are in ringbinders and polypockets to preserve them !!! I can see his study now, every edition of Bike, Ride and BMW Monthly from the last 20 years, all stored in binders , year order, and referenced for articles !!!!
    :D:D:D:D:D:D:D

• Like Like x 3
  4. crispey

crispey crispey creme de la creme

Nov 6, 2014
    Uk
    If you contact the publishers you should be able to get a back copy. Unless you just don't want to pay for it of course? Our scots brethren would be proud of you.

• Like Like x 2
  5. dickydido

dickydido Senior Member

Nov 3, 2016
    Wiltshire
    Hi Mr O,

.....sadly, the east wing of 'dickydido Manor' burnt down a few years ago.....taking not the study dear boy, luckily that's in the west wing!.......but it did take the whole bally library and indeed my entire motorcycle magazine collection with it......gad!.....you should have seen all the gastly smoke from that conflagration.....the experts told me it was caused by all the unsaturated polycarbons in all the polypockets I had my magazine collection filed in....believe me, I won't be making that mistake again!.....

.....however, with absolutely dashing good luck I did find one motorcycle magazine unscathed amongst the ashes......indeed it was the first edition that I ever purchased of that literarily masterful opus,.....Bike......from October/November 1973.....gosh!....I was just 17 and oh so innnocent and naive and so wanted to buy that hornylishius Kawasaki Z1 900 but daddy absolutely refused to sign those horrendous HP forms for me!.........

Cheers,

Lord dickydido

IMG_1102.JPG

• Like Like x 1
  6. dickydido

dickydido Senior Member

Nov 3, 2016
    Wiltshire
    Hi littleade,

......it is only the review of the Bobber I am after.......I have already downloaded the digital copy of the mag but being both a Luddite and an old git I'd prefer a paper copy........that I can store in a polypocket of course!.........so I can read and re-read how wonderful the Bobber is!!!....lol......

.....am I truly ' the only Bobber boy in the village?'........

.....I guess if there was at least two of us the Forum big bosses would start a Bobber sub section......but alas......I must be the only one after all.........lol.......

Cheers,

dickydido

• Like Like x 1
  7. dickydido

dickydido Senior Member

Nov 3, 2016
    Wiltshire
    #7 dickydido, Mar 25, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 25, 2017
    Hi littleade,

....I've pm'd you.........and I do find that these modern high gloss pages are much more resistant and wipeable now!.......so useful for all those books on the top shelf!.............

.........that's where Mrs dickydido keeps all her cookery books and she's always splashing those!........

....and thanks to everybody else for the leads to source a mag....

Cheers,

dickydido

8. Sprinter

Sprinter Kinigit

Aug 17, 2014
    uk
    s-l400.jpg this was a great magazine

9. MickEng

MickEng Noble Member

Sep 29, 2016
    West Yorkshire
    #9 MickEng, Mar 25, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 25, 2017
    That post is written far too convingincly not to be true. lol
    It is rather nice for me as a street urchin to be 'rubbing shoulders' with the landed gentry.
    Now then! final offer from me at no charge to take your mobile home to the South of France to dry out that damp. Don't leave it too late to decide, my social diary is filling up fast.

• Like Like x 4
  10. Havit

Havit Admin
    Staff Member Subscriber

Jul 17, 2015
    Kent
    Sorry Ade I think Mr O forgot about your Golf membership card ,

• Love You Love You x 1
  11. dickydido

dickydido Senior Member

Nov 3, 2016
    Wiltshire
    Hi Mick...

.....dash it sir!......you've seen through my subterfuge.....you are a cad!.....

.....you are indeed correct sir, I am 'To the Spanner Born!'........

Cheers,

Lord dickydido

PS:......and the answers still no for the camper!.......

• Like Like x 3