Rideout M25/m60 Ring Of Red 12th November Charity Rides

Discussion in 'Rideouts, Trackdays, Touring & Spotted' started by Rich Bryce, Oct 6, 2017.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Rich Bryce

Rich Bryce Dead Eye Dick

Sep 18, 2015
    Bedford
    The Ride of Respect Ring of Red will be taking place again this year, Memorial Sunday 12th November, aiming to create the world's largest poppies by encircling the M25 and M60 motorways with bikers all wearing red.

Last year I was lead rep at Birchanger Green M11 Services for the M25 Ring of Red. This year we've struggled to find a lead rep for M1 Toddington, so I've volunteered there, and will be looking to hand over Birchanger to a trusty lieutenant.

If you can get to one of the motorway service station meeting points for the M25 (Toddington, Fleet, Reading, Beaconsfield, South Mimms, Birchanger, Thurrock, Clackett Lane, Cobham), then put it in your diary. Or look out the M60 RoR round Manchester.
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  2. crispey

crispey crispey creme de la creme

Nov 6, 2014
    Uk
    #2 crispey, Oct 6, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 6, 2017
    Nice one Rich! I've done this a couple of times but never achieved the ring of red, it's great to see the support of people on the bridges etc over the m25, hopefully this year we'll get it!
    What people have to realise is that it's not just about a grand ride out but doing something to mark the sacrifice of many.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Rich Bryce

Rich Bryce Dead Eye Dick

Sep 18, 2015
    Bedford
    T
    To be honest mate, as I've tried to get over to the main organisers, the ring is a pipe dream. At 4 car lengths between each bike, and with perfect co-ordination getting all the meeting points on to the M25 at the same time, you'd need just short of 10,000 bikes, and 15,000 if 4 bike lengths apart. Ain't gonna happen. So I encourage my group to ride in close formation so it looks well impressive to car drivers and folks on the bridges, rather than being strung out hoping beyond hope to make the nine link-ups work.

4. crispey

crispey crispey creme de la creme

Nov 6, 2014
    Uk
    Yup agree with you there but it would be fantastic to get the desired effect

5. andypandy

andypandy Crème de la Crème

Jan 10, 2016
    Shaw
    Would have loved to have done this on the M60 this year but on the 12th Nov I'll be wearing my poppy in Munich. Not sure how well that's going to go down.
    Two years ago while in Hamburg I was mistakenly accepted as being a member of the English Defence League by a German "security" man. That seemed to go down quite well.