Luggage Recommendation

Discussion in 'Bonneville' started by DH88UK, Aug 20, 2021.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. DH88UK

DH88UK Member

Mar 8, 2019
    Hampshire
    Hi Everyone,

I'm looking for recommendations for the best / most suitable bags for my 07 Bonneville.

I usually just take a backpack but sometimes it's just not enough, especially when we are 2 up and want to take cameras, drinks, clothes for overnight etc.

I'm not looking for anything enormous, we don't need more than an day or 2 worth of supplies, if I could find something backpack size that would be great.

I was looking at getting the TEC pannier rails but have no idea what kind of bags would be suitable, are they all universally fitting or are there certain types for different rails?

Thanks for the advice ☺️

• Like Like x 1
  2. joe mc donald

Subscriber

Dec 26, 2014
    slough / burnham
    Dh88UK
    I do thing most differ unless you go universal. Though i would never say this but what you intend to carry i think i would get a back box. I had my triumph bags on going to Ireland and every thing got soaked. Alought on my Harley i had Held bags and they were great. And i am led to believe Kappa are quite good.
    Joe.

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. Samsgrandad

Samsgrandad Senior Member

Dec 15, 2019
    Somerset
    I realise it's a different solution but Total Triumph have the Triumph leather panniers and frames on ebay for £130. Might be worth a phone call to see if they will fit yours

• Useful Useful x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Cheers Cheers x 1
  4. joe mc donald

Subscriber

Dec 26, 2014
    slough / burnham
    Samsgrandad.
    I have the triumph panniers for my Bonneville and they are useless. The don't stop the water getting through not in the least.
    Joe.

5. Samsgrandad

Samsgrandad Senior Member

Dec 15, 2019
    Somerset
    Having seen them I didn't think they would be waterproof, perhaps that is why they are being sold cheap!! but you can of course use waterproof bags inside the panniers to keep the contents dry.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Sir Trev

Sir Trev Senior Member

May 27, 2017
    Buckinghamshire
    Add a rack and either a topbox or a drysack. The rack on my '17 T100 has bungee points which are great so if you don't like the idea of a box/base plate the drysack can be added only when you need one.

• Like Like x 2
    • WTF WTF x 1
  7. PatW

PatW Senior Member

Apr 4, 2021
    Cymru
    This, fehling rack with givi fittings £150. Givi box £220. Waterproof, relatively secure, ugly as your fat cousin.

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
  8. PatW

PatW Senior Member

Apr 4, 2021
    Cymru
    20210827_173954.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  9. Cyborgbot

Cyborgbot Guest

Fugly box…

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. PatW

PatW Senior Member

Apr 4, 2021
    Cymru
    Yeah, I covered that in the post...we probably need a slow reader section just for you;)

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • Cheers Cheers x 1
  11. PatW

PatW Senior Member

Apr 4, 2021
    Cymru
    Yeah, I covered that in the post...we probably need a slow reader section just for you.

• Useful Useful x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. Cyborgbot

Cyborgbot Guest

Along with the instructions on how not to duplicate posts…

;):joy:

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  13. DH88UK

DH88UK Member

Mar 8, 2019
    Hampshire
    Thanks for the suggestions (for some reason I didn't get an email notification that someone had replied)

Sadly those panniers don't fit air cooled models, however they do have a kit for mine for £210 which, by the time I've bought some other rails and bags probably isn't far off anyway.

Waterproofing isn't much of a concern since I'm a rain dodger anyway :blush:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Drama Queen Drama Queen x 1
  14. joe mc donald

Subscriber

Dec 26, 2014
    slough / burnham
    It does the job and i take it it is removable so only needed when touring or carrying bits.
    Joe.

15. BonnieRiderPT

BonnieRiderPT New Member

Jun 22, 2022
    Portugal
    Hi all,

Been thinking and searching about the SW-Motech SLC system, both for the Urban ABS as for the Legend panniers.

While the Urban ABS are bigger and more secure, the Legend are more stylish. Does anyone have experience with one or the other on a 2020 Bonneville T100?

Thanks!

16. shiningocean8

shiningocean8 New Member

Aug 24, 2022
    US
    Hepco Becker C-Bow, Orbit side cases and rear rack. cases are small I believe 15 liter.

luggage.jpeg

17. Goldline

Goldline New Member

Jun 2, 2023
    Montreal
    These Viking hard bags are waterproof and lockable, but not easily removed. $450 Canadian.

IMG_2785.jpeg

IMG_2664.jpeg

18. Goldline

Goldline New Member

Jun 2, 2023
    Montreal
    Apologies, didn’t mean to post the pic of my floors

19. jackyma09

jackyma09 Member

Aug 10, 2023
    New York, USA
  20. Traveler