Tiger 800 Lowering Kit On Xrx

Discussion in 'Tiger / Explorer' started by Raj SK, Jul 11, 2018.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Raj SK

Raj SK New Member

Jun 19, 2018
    KL, MY
    Hi. I recently bought a used Tiger XRx. At first I didn't realized that the previous owner has fitted in lowering kit on the bike. So I asked him and he confirmed it. Bad news is that he didn't have the original kit with him anymore.

My question, by lower it down what effect does it do to the bike and will the cornering stability be reduced?

Any idea how much doest it cost to make it to the original height again?

Thanks

2. crispey

crispey crispey creme de la creme

Nov 6, 2014
    Uk
    I rode a low and found it pretty well planted on the road, easier, obviously to manoeuvre in car parks etc, you lose ground clearance and beware of parking side stand down on inclines, they tend to roll off!
    If it’s a kit it’ll just be a case of getting the right dog ones 18cm I think and also he might have lowered the front forks in the yoke. All dead easy to get back to normal.

3. Raj SK

Raj SK New Member

Jun 19, 2018
    KL, MY
    Asked him that actually and he said he didnt remember. :weary_face:

4. Raj SK

Raj SK New Member

Jun 19, 2018
    KL, MY
    Thanks for the reply. How easy for it to scraped the pegs? I havent had the time to take out on the wavy country side road yet.. My daily ride mostly straight road.

5. crispey

crispey crispey creme de la creme

Nov 6, 2014
    Uk
    well I should think it'll be easier on a lowered one. find yourself a large roundabout and experiment

6. steve lovatt

steve lovatt Something else

May 12, 2014
    North Yorkshire
    Like crispey said watch the side stand. There isn't much lean on the standard Tiger to begin with and the slightest incline and it will be over.

7. Raj SK

Raj SK New Member

Jun 19, 2018
    KL, MY
    yeah, almost learn it the hard way the other when park on an uneven ground. decided to go down to the shop this weekend to raised it back to standard again.

8. Hippo-Drones

Hippo-Drones Noble Member

Mar 4, 2018
    West Sussex
    The new XRX [LRH] is very easy to ground out the footpegs on corners!

• Like Like x 1