Lower Exhaust Carbon Heat Shield

Discussion in 'Speed Triple' started by Gixer7502, Nov 24, 2018.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Gixer7502

Gixer7502 New Member

Jul 27, 2018
    Peterborough
    Got the carbon heat shield to fit to the lower part of the exhaust. Looking for some info on what’s involved and what tools are needed for the job!!

I’ve had a quick look and only one fixing is visible but the carbon part suggests a couple more. Does the lower fairing part need removing first?

Pics to follow once fitted.

Thanks in advance!!

2. Dave C

Dave C Elite Member

Dec 22, 2017
    North Dorset
    Where did you get your shield from mate, looks like a nice mod on Speedy's I've seen with them fitted.

3. Gixer7502

Gixer7502 New Member

Jul 27, 2018
    Peterborough
    I’ve had a few carbon bits from CarbonFBR which were good but they had trouble getting stock of the heat shield so ended up getting that part from Conquest Carbon with the 10% discount given to forum members!!

4. MrTriple

MrTriple One Cylinder Short

Jan 23, 2017
    Epping Forest
    It should be easy as there's only one bolt and two tabs to locate.

Remove the bolt then push the heat shield towards the front of the bike and it will slip off easily. You'll have to transfer the silicone inserts from the two tab brackets on the old heat shield to your new carbon one.

I say "should be easy" because Triumph changed the position of the tabs for the 2018 bike. If you end up with mismatched parts, you may need to speak to the supplier, or adapt it yourself.

Below you can see my 2018 original heat shield together with my 2016 carbon shield (from CarbonFBR). I moved the older carbon part to the new bike and had to fashion a bracket to make it fit.

Fingers crossed that you have the right part for your bike :)

HeatShield_1.JPG
    HeatShield_2.JPG
    HeatShield_3.JPG

...and on the bike :p

TS3_AR_GP3_GP1R_1.JPG
    TS3_AR_GP3_GP1R_4.JPG

• Like Like x 4
  5. NakedBiker

NakedBiker Member

Nov 3, 2018
    Surrey, UK
    Stop it! My bank account can only go so low.
    Looks really nice though. :)

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Dave C

Dave C Elite Member

Dec 22, 2017
    North Dorset
    That's great, thanks for that.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Gixer7502

Gixer7502 New Member

Jul 27, 2018
    Peterborough
    Ok so it turns out the part isn’t going to fit then

AE4DCE35-7E05-47F0-81AC-D870B45CD552.jpeg

51729E09-7393-48C0-A21C-7C1A34CB921B.jpeg

8. MrTriple

MrTriple One Cylinder Short

Jan 23, 2017
    Epping Forest
    I suspected that would be the case - it's worth making a bracket if you're up for a minor challenge.

I practiced with a bit of coat hanger until I got the angles and lengths right...then used stainless steel welding rod (eBay) as it won't corrode. Bend it slowly with pliers (I used a vice) - the rod tends to snap quite easily if you try to adjust the bends too much, so perhaps buy spare lengths.

The red tube is a piece of silicone hose which withstands the heat and prevents any rattles.

9. Gixer7502

Gixer7502 New Member

Jul 27, 2018
    Peterborough
    Thanks for your replies!! Was hoping for something that would be a direct replacement so will prob just send it back and wait until the correct one is available!!