Low Quiet Exhaust

Discussion in 'Speed Triple' started by Uncle Ben, Aug 12, 2019.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Uncle Ben

Uncle Ben Member

Aug 10, 2019
    Alberta, Canada
    I was wondering what options are out there for a low mounted single exhaust that isn’t too loud.

Not looking for more power or more noise, I just don’t like the look of the two under seat mufflers.

So far all I can find is an arrow low mount, scorpion slip on and sc project slip on. I would prefer whichever is most quiet.

2. Bikerdave

Bikerdave Well-Known Member

Jan 11, 2019
    Tamworth
    Just fitted an SP Engineering one on my RS ! Loud without the baffle in ... sensibly deep with baffle in ! Should have some dB readings tomorrow just for info/interest

3. Uncle Ben

Uncle Ben Member

Aug 10, 2019
    Alberta, Canada
    The scorpion is currently on the top of my list. What finish did you go with? Titanium, brushed, or carbon fiber?

Also, did the slip on require a retune or reflash?

• Like Like x 1
  4. Katies Grandad

Jun 27, 2017
    St Neots
    I've got a LeoVince on my 1050. Satisfying sound with the db killer in. Using the 'Arrow' tune and it goes nicely.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Uncle Ben

Uncle Ben Member

Aug 10, 2019
    Alberta, Canada
    Would you say that it’s much louder than the stock pipes? Also do you have any pictures of it fitted on your bike?

After looking around, the leovince is the most affordable option.

6. Katies Grandad

Jun 27, 2017
    St Neots
    #6 Katies Grandad, Aug 18, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 18, 2019
    20190818_192242.jpg

It is definitely louder than the standard system, but not offensive unless you really wind it on hard. Having just looked through my pictures I find that I don't have a picture from that side. So I've just been out and taken this.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Uncle Ben

Uncle Ben Member

Aug 10, 2019
    Alberta, Canada
    Thank you, also I love that green colour.

8. Martin I

Martin I Well-Known Member

Aug 23, 2018
    Zurich
    Zard and a remap isn't too loud. dB killer in obv.

9. Katies Grandad

Jun 27, 2017
    St Neots
    The two things that made me buy it were the exhaust ready fitted and the colour.

• Like Like x 1
  10. winrow3745

winrow3745 Member

Jun 16, 2018
    Cheshire
    I thought I recognised that coffee shop. You may see me around there from time to time too. I have a 2010 Street triple in red (the best colour) with an arrow lowboy.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  11. Taz_tasman

Taz_tasman Member

Mar 2, 2019
    South Somerset
    I’ve got an SC Project slip on silencer fitted to my Speed Triple 94R. With the baffle in it is pretty similar in volume to the stock exhausts, though a bit louder when you rev it hard, plus it sounds better! Plus it only weighs 1.4kg!

8F99E62A-2055-44CD-A8B6-FEB434EA6371.jpeg

• Like Like x 3
  12. Uncle Ben

Uncle Ben Member

Aug 10, 2019
    Alberta, Canada
    That looks really good. Glad to hear that the sound isn’t too loud. What engine Map are you using? The arrow lowboy tune?

13. Taz_tasman

Taz_tasman Member

Mar 2, 2019
    South Somerset
    I’m using the standard Map (as recommended by SC) as I tend to keep the baffle in and of course the Cat is still fitted. I’ve not noticed any power issues whatsoever. If I left the baffle out I would consider the arrow lowboy map, as it does feel a bit flat when removed, though it may all be in my head!

• Like Like x 1
  14. GregR

GregR New Member

May 20, 2017
    Guernsey, Channel islands
    I have just replaced my SC Project low mount with a Leo Vince Factory S slip on low mount end can. It is a lot quieter than the SC which I found a bit too loud with the baffle out and not that much quieter with the baffle in. The Leo Vince is on a par with the SC build wise but is much nearer to the standard set up for noise in my opinion, so much more friendly to the ear, although the SC sounded awesome accelerating through the revs it was just a bit too much most of the time. Pretty good on price and quick delivery too..https://leovince.co.uk/TRIUMPH-SPEED-TRIPLE-1050-R-S-LEOVINCE-FACTORY-S-SLIP-ON-EXHAUST_A22FXF.aspx

• Like Like x 1
  15. Uncle Ben

Uncle Ben Member

Aug 10, 2019
    Alberta, Canada

Still running the factory map? Or lowboy map?

16. GregR

GregR New Member

May 20, 2017
    Standard factory map, I haven't had a chance to ride the bike with it fitted yet as I only fitted it yesterday afternoon. There's no indication from LeoVince that any remap is required just a general advisory to check the bike is running ok.
    It's a bit tricky for me to change maps too as the Channel Island Triumph dealer is on an Island 30 miles and a ferry trip away with rubbish connections that mean I can't get there and back in a day even if I wanted to.
    I didn't remap for my SC Project pipe and the bike bike ran fine so I don't expect any issues with the LeoVince

• Like Like x 1
  17. MrTriple

MrTriple One Cylinder Short

Jan 23, 2017
    Epping Forest
    #17 MrTriple, Sep 27, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 6, 2020
    Here's my Austin Racing system – specifically a 170mm GP3 system with a GP1 TR53 Titanium Can and a GP1R Black Ceramic Tip. That's not confusing at all...is it?

It's reported to be 98dB with the baffle in. I ride mostly without earplugs and it sounds glorious (to me). Not too loud at all...but very growly. Certainly louder than the original pipes, but not offensive.

Take the baffle out and it's a different story (children cry and residents scowl).

I acknowledge that one person's quiet is another person's loud.

(6.15kg weight saving - and 7.65kg if you remove the pillion pegs)

TS3_AR_GP3_GP1R_1.JPG
    TS3_AR_GP3_GP1R_4.JPG

• Like Like x 3
  18. GregR

GregR New Member

May 20, 2017
    Looks good but Austin racing pipes aren't generally known as the quiet option, 98db with the baffle in is testament to that. Each to their own though and as you say one person's loud is anothers music and triples sound so good loud. For me my sc project pipe was great but quite often I found myself opting to go out on my much quieter z1000sx as sometimes it's just nicer to bimble about without drawing too much attention, I'm expecting the LeoVince pipe to restore my speedy as an equal candidate for the quiet bimble. Living on my small island there's little chance to get away from people like cyclists, horse riders and walkers who aren't always as tolerant of us bikers as we are of them, despite the fact they get in the frickin way.. so having a quieter pipe just let's me be a bit less conspicuous

• Like Like x 2
  19. Uncle Ben

Uncle Ben Member

Aug 10, 2019
    Alberta, Canada
    Looking forward to hearing more about how this exhaust works for you. Please keep us updated.

• Like Like x 1