Low mileage Americas for sale

Discussion in 'America, Speedmaster & Rocket' started by Moss, Jul 29, 2015.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Moss

Moss New Member

Jul 29, 2015
    UK
    I've set my heart on the America and scouring the sales for a low mileage 2 to 3 year old model to cover long distances. I noticed an unusually high number of them up for sale after just a few hundred miles. Why would people want to sell them on so soon?

2. crispey

crispey crispey creme de la creme

Nov 6, 2014
    Uk
    Could be like the thruxtons, used as second bikes or sunny Sunday riders doing about 1000 miles a year at most.

3. folkbloke

folkbloke Well-Known Member

Jul 20, 2013
    Sussex
    I did nearly 14k in 18 months on mine and only sold it to buy a Commander. It's still on sale at Destination Triumph Washington (West Sussex) - 2013 America

Why folks sell them aftre just a few hundred miles I have no idea. Crispey's theory is as good as any.

Welcome to the forum btw :)

4. Moss

Moss New Member

Jul 29, 2015
    UK
    Crispey, Folkbloke,

Thanks for the feedback, I hadn't thought of that option. and thanks for the welcome :)

Back on two wheels after many years and had to work my way through the DAS....its a long story! Rode WW2 Harleys, late 60's Triumphs and Hondas. I'm drawn back to the Triumphs for long journeys now that they don't vibrate.

Cheers

5. Dodge74

Dodge74 Active Member

Oct 16, 2014
    Lincoln
    Yeah I think the second bike theory is probably right as I can imagine quite a few people only use them for special occasions & in the nice weather only & have something else for more general use , although I was talking to a bloke the other day who had owned an America for four years , it was his only bike & he had only done 4500 miles on it from new :0

I've done just over 10k since owning mine , bought it last autumn , I could do with a second bike to take the pressure off it tbh , but I do love riding it & can thoroughly recommend one , great for touring & long runs as well.