Low Boy Map Question

Discussion in 'Speed Triple' started by Danny mc, May 11, 2017.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Danny mc

Danny mc Well-Known Member

Apr 24, 2017
    Liverpool
    Right all,got the low boy fitted prior to pick up last week 17 plate,looks great but to be honest expected to be able to fit my fist down the end can?? as it was a full race system?
    Anyway dealers said they could remove baffle for me if I wanted.... my questions
    1.how much louder.
    2.is the original map sufficient for performance,don't want it shooting flames etc but there's no cackle/pop on the overrun as it is now,I'd like a bit;)
    I know similar threads been posted but there a little old,thanks

2. tcbandituk

Subscriber

Apr 8, 2016
    Reading
    I was thinking about removing mine, but when I got the bike, it's nice and loud without attracting the wrong attention but it also spits and bangs on the overrun so didn't bother. Not sure why they're different ?

3. Danny mc

Apr 24, 2017
    Liverpool
    Might have to let someone else ride mine so I can hear it better,still running mine in so maybe it'll sound a little different when I really give it some:eek:

4. Danny mc

Apr 24, 2017
    Liverpool
    Had baffle removed today at 1st service........sounds awesome....might have to dig my earplugs out :grinning: evotech levers fitted too,all good to go,lovin this bike more than the s1000r :blush:

• Like Like x 1
  5. Pabs

Pabs Well-Known Member

Mar 31, 2016
    Plymouth
    how much was the removal?

• Like Like x 1
  6. Danny mc

Apr 24, 2017
    Liverpool
    They charged me £96 inc vat for service,change levers and removing baffle