Lots of ideas and no Idea, as yet!

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by daffyduck1962, Mar 16, 2014.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. daffyduck1962

daffyduck1962 New Member

Mar 15, 2014
    harlow
    Just bought 2011 Bonneville and wish to fit the following accessories for my wife as she feels the cold.

Gear bing heated jacket
    Oxford Hot Grips
    Garmin Satnav

Would you recommend a stronger battery/ upgrade to alternator?

Also wish to fit a Scottoiler and they are listed on Scottoiler website as being available
    For the efi model, yet mr mechanic said they caused the bike to not run smoothly
    Currently running scottoilers on two other fuel injected bikes without any problems, so what makes Triumph different?

Hope to go abroad later this year, as this is the first time she has found a bike that she can touch the floor properly with.

God bless Triumph, and god bless England, and all who ride on her!

• Like Like x 1
  2. Stimple

Stimple Member

Nov 8, 2014
    The Scottoiler on my RS runs form the electrical connection from the back brake light switch rather than air pressure. Not sure if these are still available but it is worth a look.

3. Richard H

Richard H Noble Member

Oct 26, 2012
    Swadlincote Derbyshire England
    Someone on Triumph 'rat' has done the calculation and they say you should be able to run satnav, grips and heated clothing (one item) but it depends on if your doing long runs with the revs up. On tick over the battery would soon go flat.

4. sprintdave

sprintdave Nurse,he's out of bed again

May 25, 2014
    Birmingham
    surely a bigger battery would not fit on the bike and even if it did, all it would mean was that it wouldnt flatten quite as quickly. I dont know if an upgraded alternator is feasible but it would be worth looking into as you will not be using lots of revs all the time and as stated, at tickover it would not last very long.
    there is as Richard says, plenty of stuff about this in the twins section of the RAT site