Looks like the Southend shakedown 2016 is cancelled ?

Discussion in 'Triumph General Discussion' started by PETER CLARKE, Mar 5, 2016.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. PETER CLARKE

PETER CLARKE Senior Member

Nov 11, 2015
    Essex
    Has Easter Monday run been cancelled ??:( from ace cafe to Southend seafront

2. H.O.

H.O. Noble Member

Nov 28, 2015
    ARDROSSAN, AYRSHIRE
    Yep!!!!!
    Plod recon that they now need 4 grand to police it as a few bikers did dangerous riding last year, Ace Cafe say that's not on out of CHARITY money, so they cancelled.
    Fucking plod will do anything to save work or rip off money from Joe public!
    Not to say a lot wont turn up anyway though.................................................
    Was going to trundle down, but with the un-certainty I'll give it a miss, traffic wardens will have a field day if you try to park any-where you would normally get for the day.
    Southend have lost the Air show, now this, they are as bad as the Police!

3. PETER CLARKE

Nov 11, 2015
    Essex
    Well Clacton are having a air show this year so maybe a ride there to be had :) a unofficial one.

4. steve lovatt

steve lovatt Something else

May 12, 2014
    North Yorkshire
    This always happens - I wonder how long the Distinguished Gentleman's Ride will go on before plod screws that over?

5. SpeedM

SpeedM Member

Apr 30, 2013
    South Coast
    Is the Essex Air Ambulance run still going? I was thinking of coming back for that one this year, used to do it every year before moving down south.

6. thebiglad

thebiglad Old fart, still riding !

Sep 25, 2013
    Central France
    Maybe we need to start doing these things on the QT ?

For example if loads of bikers just turn up at the Ace and all decide to ride to Southend, what can the scuffers do?

7. H.O.

H.O. Noble Member

Nov 28, 2015
    ARDROSSAN, AYRSHIRE
    Yes, until plod fuck that one too!
    I may come down for that instead now.

8. H.O.

H.O. Noble Member

Nov 28, 2015
    ARDROSSAN, AYRSHIRE
    I rather think this may happen, then there will be complete pandmonium!
    They will have to get off their fat arses and do some work without the extra money grab then!
    I.E. do what they are already paid for through council tax!!
    The losers will be the Ace Cafe's charities though, you cant collect on the sea front without a Council permit.

9. thebiglad

thebiglad Old fart, still riding !

Sep 25, 2013
    Central France
    Perhaps they (the charities) have websites where donations could be made via your 'phone, whilst eating your ice cream on the sea front. There's always a way round these 'job's worth' types.

10. snarly

snarly Active Member

Sep 8, 2013
    Essex
    Yeah yeah always plods fault....not the fuckwits who ride like twats in the 'name of charity' that cause it to be policed a little more thoroughly....

The cost to police such events is demanded by the police budget purse holders such as the police and crime commissioners which are not in fact 'the police' and therefore it is not the 'police' who have led to the shakedown being cancelled. You will find that the vast majority of police bikers that would have been employed to support such an event and who would normally deliver bike safe courses, would do so with the same charitable spirit as the rest of us that would be attending.

Just saying...

• Like Like x 4
  11. steve lovatt

steve lovatt Something else

May 12, 2014
    North Yorkshire
    That's fair comment - it's the actions of the minority which cause things to be banned, the usual story I'm afraid.

12. tonytango

tonytango New Member

Feb 14, 2016
    Tilbury, Essex
  13. PETER CLARKE

Nov 11, 2015
    Essex
    I agree there are always the few that spoil it for everyone and we have seen these idiots and how they perform.:mad:

14. H.O.

H.O. Noble Member

Nov 28, 2015
    ARDROSSAN, AYRSHIRE
    See today's echo on line, seems many, possibly thousands, still going any way!:)

15. SpeedM

SpeedM Member

Apr 30, 2013
    South Coast
  16. Once again it all comes down to MONEY

17. Toad076

Toad076 Member

Jul 23, 2013
    Essex .. Near Bas Vegas
    Apparently all of the stalls and traders will be there as usual. The only thing missing as such will be the ride from the Ace. Which a lot o people dont do anyway .. preferring to make their own way down. I don't think it will be any different to any other year .... Im going ...

18. PETER CLARKE

Nov 11, 2015
    Essex
    Thanks Toad for the heads up on that, not far off now lets hope weather is dry:)

19. PETER CLARKE

Nov 11, 2015
    Essex
    Might see you there then you Toad