Looking For A 2001 Bonnie Mirror (or Stem) As My Left Hand One Has Sheered At The Mounting Bolt

Discussion in 'Wanted' started by MartyWilson, Aug 21, 2020.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. MartyWilson

MartyWilson Guest

Hi all, would anyone happen to have a mirror for a 2001 Bonnie (Not sure if they are different for later models) going spare for sale as I discovered today that the left hand mirror of the Bonnie I got delivered t'other day happens to have the mounting bolt sheered off at the base of the stem and was only held onto the bike by friction.

2. Hobnail

Hobnail Senior Member

Jan 4, 2020
    USA
    2006 Bonnie. No use for them. So close, but yet so far away.

IMG_7374.jpg

• Like Like x 3
  3. MartyWilson

MartyWilson Guest

Ah exactly the fellows but I think the shipping alone would cost far to much. :sob:
    Hopefully there will be one a wee bit closer but thanks very much for letting me know you have 'em if I strike out elsewhere :)

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. MartyWilson

MartyWilson Guest

Ah well Jez, I found a pair of 2012 ones on Fleabay a minute or two ago that end in 16 hours and are currently at £5 plus £5.50 postage. They look exactly the same as mine so will probably do the trick. There are quite a few on there for anything between a tenner and fifty quid but all the rest at the moment are black, slightly different models or are missing the allen bolts. Hopefully someone nearer might have one (I think they aren't really 'handed' so I only need one) going spare for cheap or I might get the pair on fleabay cheap. At the moment it's all to play for so I'm not gonna be hasty:)

• Like Like x 1
  5. Hobnail

Hobnail Senior Member

Jan 4, 2020
    USA
    UPS Saver is $206 USD to Glasgow city center by next Wed.. USPS with 6-10 day delivery is $40 USD... I guess you found something better. Cheers.

• Like Like x 2
  6. MartyWilson

MartyWilson Guest

Yup those are the very same ones Jez.

Jeez 206 dollars! x @Hobnail I hope they give them their own seat on the plane for that money! They call that the 'Saver' option? If our respective national bosses want to foster trade between our countries they need to look at shipping costs and import/export taxes, especially when you consider that UK customs take the cost of shipping into account when they decide how much import tax to charge.

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. Hobnail

Hobnail Senior Member

Jan 4, 2020
    USA
    Pretty outrageous. However, COVID seems to have sparked a market. You probably can buy them NOS for that much. No plans to fly to our plant in Brum for the foreseeable future, so I will put them back into hibernation.

• Like Like x 2
  8. MadMrB

MadMrB Elite Member

Dec 24, 2018
    Northamptonshire, UK
    @MartyWilson PM me your address and I'll send you a spare stem I have for my 2007 Bonnie

• Like Like x 4
  9. MadMrB

MadMrB Elite Member

Dec 24, 2018
    Northamptonshire, UK
    Yours free if you want it, the chrome is not perfect but only some very minor surface marks, comes with bolt and unused friction washer thing...

IMG_20200821_070422881.jpg

• Like Like x 4
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  10. MartyWilson

MartyWilson Guest

That would be perfect thanks @MadMrB I'll PM you my address right now.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Don the Don

Don the Don Bigger Than The Average Bear

Nov 5, 2019
    MORAY UK
    Gotta love this forum, top job Martin

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Cheers Cheers x 1