Sprint GT Longer Brake Line Recomendations

Discussion in 'Sprint & Trophy' started by Mpgscott, Aug 25, 2018.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Mpgscott

Mpgscott Well-Known Member

Mar 1, 2018
    Inverness
    Raising the bars on my GT and I may need to extend the front brake line, anyone any recommendations on where I can get a longer than standard line? Had a look around the site on other similar threads and a look on titnternet but no joy.

Cheers as usual for the thoughts.

2. Rocker

Rocker Elite Member

May 1, 2016
    Suffolk
    Buy a kit and make them yourself easy to do

• Like Like x 1
  3. Sprinter

Sprinter Kinigit

Aug 17, 2014
    uk
  4. Mpgscott

Mar 1, 2018
    Inverness
    Don’t suppose you remember the length you got it made too and if you kept the 45drag angle on it?

5. Mpgscott

Mar 1, 2018
    Inverness
    Did you fit the lsi
    Dont suppose you recall the length this would have been, i forgot to measure my standard length last night and now im away for the week and was hoping to get a new one ordered.

Cheers

6. Mpgscott

Mar 1, 2018
    Inverness
    Nah i have tried hunting to see if i can get a standard length but no joy. Im thinking a 1mtr length would do but worried its too long.

7. Sprinter

Sprinter Kinigit

Aug 17, 2014
    uk
    Dont guess youll only regret it

8. Mpgscott

Mar 1, 2018
    Inverness
    Ive given them a call and left a message, must be closed for bank holiday down with you guys. Have also sent a message, hopefully i can get sorted for the weekend.

9. Mpgscott

Mar 1, 2018
    Inverness
    Dam, gave HEL a call and they cant do the line over the phone as its ABS on my bike. So im back to square one need to establish what the hose length is from the lever down to the ABS module under the tank. So if anyone is able to measure this for me it would be very much appreciated. Cheers

10. Mpgscott

Mar 1, 2018
    Inverness
    Phone Triumph and they were very helpful and centre of banjo to centre of banjo is 635mm in case anyone needs to know. So will add on the 30mm and we should be good to go.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Mpgscott

Mar 1, 2018
    Inverness
    For anyone thats interested this is the response from 'Hel' with regards to fitting on a bike with ABS:

"Motorcycles using ABS have solid metal hard lines incorporated in the brake lines set ups. Most manufacturers make them in a way in which they can be separated from the braided / rubber lines but with some ABS lines you can’t always separate them. If that’s the case we can only replace the whole brake line with a braided hose throughout as we don’t manufacture solid hard lines. This can cause some routing issues as a braided hose can’t always follow the same routing as the originals."

I have checked and its simply standard M10 / 3/8” banjo's either end, i can see the metal brake pipes that feed between the coupler where my front brake hose from the lever mates with the hose that feeds the front brakes. There are metal pipes that go between the coupler under the tank and the ABS module. Take it when you dealt with Hel Smilinjack your bike wasnt an ABS model?

12. Mpgscott

Mar 1, 2018
    Inverness
    Well after all the pallava i got the new line from Hel looks great but i dont need it after all. Changed the clutch as it was tight but there is plenty on the front break hose. I am quite glad as the bleeding process needs the diagnostics to open and close all the solenoids.

So new bars fitted looking good, but i cant go out as the chain i got supplied is the wrong size. I was awaiting UPS and new it would arrive today so cracked on taking the chain off and servicing all the rear link bearings. The new chain arrives count the links 106 and i need 116 so not so good.

Bike is ready to go just need the chain..

PS anyone need a new brake line?