Long Haul Seat

Discussion in 'Thunderbird' started by Tom8336, Apr 11, 2015.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Tom8336

Tom8336 Member

Mar 23, 2015
    London
    I've just fitted the longhaul drivers seat.

What a difference! It feels really comfy and supportive and seems to angle you better, which improves the riding position and therefore the handling.

It even makes a huge improvement to the looks, as the standard seat looks like a cheap halfords job when compared. The longhaul is covered with a soft leather like material and looks like it's been professionally upholstered. It just gives the bike a more "quality" overall finish.

The only thing that I'm unhappy about is that Triumph should have fitted this as standard. Once you've seen the longhaul on the bike you realise just how cheap and cheerful the standard seat actually is.

If you've been umming and aahing then definately pull the triggers and buy one.

• Like Like x 1
  2. JACKO

JACKO Member

Sep 25, 2013
    Had this seat on my storm, difference was night and day, agree with Tom on the riding position, loads better.

Reason I bought one was the standard pillion seat not fit for purpose. Wife said it was worse than sitting on a brick. We did put a comment to triumph on their feedback email about changes we would like. Maybe they will address this.